No announcement yet.

Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it such a surprise that the Athletic Department is not enamored with baseball. Gene made it what it was outside of the AD on his own, so the program is reaping what is has sown.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
      Is it such a surprise that the Athletic Department is not enamored with baseball.
      Not sure I agree...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        Not sure I agree...

I thought everything shown here, except the new video/scoreboard, was what Gene built.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• Remember those questions on tests about such and such" is to "something" as... You know the ones.

Todd Butler is to baseball as Mike Cohen is to basketball.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
            I thought everything shown here, except the new video/scoreboard, was what Gene built.
            I've got news for you. Gene is not coming back. At 70+ years, he us not the way forward. I hope at some point, he makes amends with those in charge and is a part of the baseball future at WSU. However, that really isn't the issue regarding WSU losing baseball games right now.

Criticism can be a positive thing. However, if you refuse to look forward, you will be mired in the past and the program will continue to lose.

Comment

• At least with gene there was a reason to be loyal even in down years. And down is a very relative word. Down for him was much different that this kind of down. Even still, it's a lot easier to stomach a bad year from him than a new guy whose job was to make us better than genes down years...we've basically nuked the program and are now in rebuild because of what looks like a bad hire. We weren't rebuilding when gene got let go. Now we are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                At least with gene there was a reason to be loyal even in down years. And down is a very relative word. Down for him was much different that this kind of down. Even still, it's a lot easier to stomach a bad year from him than a new guy whose job was to make us better than genes down years...we've basically nuked the program and are now in rebuild because of what looks like a bad hire. We weren't rebuilding when gene got let go. Now we are.
                I'm sure that a good number of fans agree with you, but for me, Gene had done a number of things that showed an arrogance and lack of respect for the program that he had built up. I appreciate what he did for the program but was no longer blindly loyal to him. I have a feeling that a good number of WSU supporters agree with me (including a good number of big donors which is shown by the fact that Gene didn't survive when ADES went after him).

Comment

• Can we all move past Gene? We all know we were much better with Gene, and a bad season with Gene was much different than the bad seasons we are seeing now. I played for Gene and as much as I would like it I think its safe to say he is not coming back, nor should he. lets talk about the future. Idk where we go from here, earlier I picked A in a previous thread. After reading comments and thinking more im not so sure I agree with what I picked anymore. As I stated im not a butler fan, played one year for the guy and he was rude and disrespectful to all of Genes guys. I do not like that he is throwing BK under the bus, or at least it seems that way. But with the massive buyout, what do we do? I do agree a former player such as hooper or standiford would probably make a great coach, they both have had success and the city absolutely loves these two. I do think that if a change is going to be made it should be made now, last year there were signs pointing that we may be better this year, the way this season ended there are no signs that anything will be better next year. yes I am backtracking on what I said earlier, I think shockerfever and Cdizzle raise good points and have made me change my tune.

Comment

• Get Hooper here, bring Gene back in a paid Emeritus type role whose sole job is to pimp the program and raise enough money to finish the stadium. Once fully completed, we can have a grand reopening of the Stephenson baseball complex. Gene would be in his mid 70's by then and can enjoy is golden years watching his protege bring us back to Omaha.

Comment

• Shockmonster - I agree with what you said and moving forward but I think it would be very beneficial to heal those old wounds with Gene very soon to get his loyalists back on board. I say that because there are as many still mentioning him as there are supporting the new coach.

IMHO this is up to the AD to do. Regardless of what caused the issues, Shocker baseball needs him (his supporters) more than Gene needs shocker baseball. It's time to unite and bury the old wounds and get things moving forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                        Shockmonster - I agree with what you said and moving forward but I think it would be very beneficial to heal those old wounds with Gene very soon to get his loyalists back on board. I say that because there are as many still mentioning him as there are supporting the new coach.

IMHO this is up to the AD to do. Regardless of what caused the issues, Shocker baseball needs him (his supporters) more than Gene needs shocker baseball. It's time to unite and bury the old wounds and get things moving forward.
                        Unfortunately, I do not believe it will happen as long as Interim is in his position. Even if Interim reached out, I do not believe it would be well received by Gene because of Interim's prior involvement.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                          Shockmonster - I agree with what you said and moving forward but I think it would be very beneficial to heal those old wounds with Gene very soon to get his loyalists back on board. I say that because there are as many still mentioning him as there are supporting the new coach.

I don't disagree with what you say but I think that you are talking about a complicated and layered problem. At some point, coming together will happen. because it is in the best interest of most involved. I have been a Shocker fan for my entire life. Gene has turned away almost as many fans, boosters, and players (maybe that is a little hyperboiis but not by much) as he brought to the fold. Last I heard, his own family hasn't totally healed (I must admit, it's been a while). imho, you are more fixated on how Gene feels and not enough on the program. I do agree that the new AD will need to reach out but in due time, wounds will heal. You cannot make that happen before the parties who are involved will allow. The focus needs to be on what can be controlled and people's hurt feelings shouldn't be the focus at this time. Whether or not Butler is the answer, and if not, who is, should be the focus.
                          Last edited by shockmonster; May 28, 2016, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• There was a time where I was worried about how Gene felt but I can assure you now I'm more concerned with the program. I'm just worried that we aren't making progress towards coming together and thought it would at least be good to address it once and for all and move on!

Comment

• Originally posted by KansasShocker View Post
                              Can we all move past Gene? We all know we were much better with Gene, and a bad season with Gene was much different than the bad seasons we are seeing now. I played for Gene and as much as I would like it I think its safe to say he is not coming back, nor should he. lets talk about the future. Idk where we go from here, earlier I picked A in a previous thread. After reading comments and thinking more im not so sure I agree with what I picked anymore. As I stated im not a butler fan, played one year for the guy and he was rude and disrespectful to all of Genes guys. I do not like that he is throwing BK under the bus, or at least it seems that way. But with the massive buyout, what do we do? I do agree a former player such as hooper or standiford would probably make a great coach, they both have had success and the city absolutely loves these two. I do think that if a change is going to be made it should be made now, last year there were signs pointing that we may be better this year, the way this season ended there are no signs that anything will be better next year. yes I am backtracking on what I said earlier, I think shockerfever and Cdizzle raise good points and have made me change my tune.
                              Its so much fun to continue to beat this dead horse tho

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                                I've got news for you. Gene is not coming back. At 70+ years, he us not the way forward. I hope at some point, he makes amends with those in charge and is a part of the baseball future at WSU. However, that really isn't the issue regarding WSU losing baseball games right now.

Criticism can be a positive thing. However, if you refuse to look forward, you will be mired in the past and the program will continue to lose.
                                where did you ever conjure up any sembleance of an idea that I even remotely mentioned or implied that Gene was coming back!

Comment

Working...
                                X