Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
    I like how, by where the ball lands, everyone throws their drinks in the air and the one guy just turns and walks out...
    Thought the fan celebration was hilarious; didn't notice the guy turning around until you mentioned it... probably a fan of the team who gave up the 'jack' :)
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I like how, by where the ball lands, everyone throws their drinks in the air and the one guy just turns and walks out...
      The guy in the gold hoody? Maybe it was Gene.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        The guy in the gold hoody? Maybe it was Gene.
        Didn't notice that guy either.

Looks like one of these between them... :)

Comment

Gotta be a myth. That's as crazy as faking a passed ball on a pickoff move to first...
          I probably heard it from a TV announcer during a slow point in a game. I went looking for a link, and came up with this. Rollie fingers faked an intentional walk to Johnny Bench on a 3-2 count. Threw a slider instead. Dick Williams, Fingers' manager called the play.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            If people think this team plays great, or good, or above average, or even average defense, they need to watch a LOT more baseball.
            I don't think even the Royals defense could save this pitching staff.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
              I don't think even the Royals defense could save this pitching staff.
              While I agree, I'm not sure how it applies here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                While I agree, I'm not sure how it applies here.
                I suppose my point is that I prefer teams to be built on defense and pitching, in that order. We need good pitchers, but we also need a competent defense so the pitchers will have the confidence to pitch to contact and let the defense work. An average pitcher who throws strikes coupled with a solid defense is better than a very good pitcher and a shoddy defense IMO.
                Last edited by WheatShock; April 29, 2016, 09:00 PM.
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• We have the opportunity to do something this week we haven't done all year and that is to finish a week above .500. We usually only have 4 games per week and that requires us to win 3 of 4 to finish above .500 which just hasn't been possible, but having 5 games this week (due to the rain out last week) we actually have a chance to go 3-2 and have a positive week for the first time this season.

4 of the 5 games are also home games so this is our best chance!!! Our opponents are also average at best with 2 games against K-State (21 - 23, RPI 130) and 3 games against ISU Blue (27-16, RPI 82). The down side is this also means we have to find the pitching for 45 innings this week which could make this task more difficult than it should be. Hopefully we can continue to get good starting pitching and somehow piece together 3 good games.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                    We have the opportunity to do something this week we haven't done all year and that is to finish a week above .500
                    Taking advantage of opportunities has not exactly been a strength of this Shocker team. If Willie Schwanke remains unavailable the odds certainly don't seem to favor the Shocks accomplishing this. Even if and when Willie becomes available how effective he will be is anybody's guess.

Comment

• Maybe we should START Hayes. If he's great, we might steal a win. If not, at least we can all move on with our evenings after the 1st inning.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                        We have the opportunity to do something this week we haven't done all year and that is to finish a week above .500. We usually only have 4 games per week and that requires us to win 3 of 4 to finish above .500 which just hasn't been possible, but having 5 games this week (due to the rain out last week) we actually have a chance to go 3-2 and have a positive week for the first time this season.

4 of the 5 games are also home games so this is our best chance!!! Our opponents are also average at best with 2 games against K-State (21 - 23, RPI 130) and 3 games against ISU Blue (27-16, RPI 82). The down side is this also means we have to find the pitching for 45 innings this week which could make this task more difficult than it should be. Hopefully we can continue to get good starting pitching and somehow piece together 3 good games.

Comment

• so k state coach was offered WSU job years ago and didn't take it?

Now he is coaching k-state and has a losing record? Will he be interested in coming to WSU? :)

Comment

• [QUOTE=mjbaker84;656662]so k state coach was offered WSU job years ago and didn't take it?

Now he is coaching k-state and has a losing record? Will he be interested in coming to WSU? :)

He has family in Hutch and that group falls into the rabid KU/KSU fan base.. You can talk abouy WSU around them, but they don't care and are annoyed by WSU's mere existance. I know these things.

Comment

• We are now 16-28 with 12 games to play. We have to go 12-0 to finish at .500 for the year.

Comment

• [QUOTE=bleed yellow;656672]
                                Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                                so k state coach was offered WSU job years ago and didn't take it?

He has family in Hutch and that group falls into the rabid KU/KSU fan base.. You can talk abouy WSU around them, but they don't care and are annoyed by WSU's mere existance. I know these things.
                                crap lol

Comment

Working...
                                X