No announcement yet.

Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is going on with the pitching staff? What is going on with Brent? I would think as long as he was there this would be the strength of the team. Is he still in control?

Comment

• Brent was the best in the biz for a long, long time but it seems like some posters forget how frequently he napped during almost entire games towards the end of the Gene era when the staff's numbers began its Wile E. Coyote descent off the cliff.

Butler clearly is not cutting it and, barring a complete miracle over the next 6 weeks, needs to be relieved of his duties. However, I don't really buy into the conspiracies that he is somehow shushing Brent at every turn, and the pitching staff would be kicking ass again if Brent simply had his shackles lifted and was permitted to go into full instructional beast mode.

I could be wrong and the fire may still be there for Brent but for the villainous oppression he faces whenever he tries to do his job. It is possible. But it seems much more likely that the trend of his coasting has accelerated.

We need a fresh slate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
        We need a fresh slate.
        I agree.

I think I would leave Coach Kemnitz's future up to the new coach. Especially, if the new coach is from the Shocker tree.
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• I have not been over to the Creighton message board lately. I wonder, if the Jays have started a thread, which is entitled as follows:

"The Flaming, Burning, Stinking and Predictable Disaster That Is Shocker Baseball."

Just wondering.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• How's Brent's radio show going?

Brent's never quoted in stories regarding the pitching staff in the paper.

I don't know if Brent is the problem or not but things have definitely changed within the program and within the pitching staff.

Comment

• Maybe Gene should come back, imagine how motivated he would be. I always thought he should have had a chance to brake the record. Sadly it couldn't be any worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                I agree.

I think I would leave Coach Kemnitz's future up to the new coach. Especially, if the new coach is from the Shocker tree.
                I say this respectively sir - WSU needs a fresh slate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                  Brent was the best in the biz for a long, long time but it seems like some posters forget how frequently he napped during almost entire games towards the end of the Gene era when the staff's numbers began its Wile E. Coyote descent off the cliff.

Butler clearly is not cutting it and, barring a complete miracle over the next 6 weeks, needs to be relieved of his duties. However, I don't really buy into the conspiracies that he is somehow shushing Brent at every turn, and the pitching staff would be kicking ass again if Brent simply had his shackles lifted and was permitted to go into full instructional beast mode.

I could be wrong and the fire may still be there for Brent but for the villainous oppression he faces whenever he tries to do his job. It is possible. But it seems much more likely that the trend of his coasting has accelerated.

We need a fresh slate.
                  I believe that this is just a side product of a bigger problem. From others that would know more than I, Butler is doing the recruiting and selecting of what he wants in a pitcher.

This begs (at least) two questions. Is BK a better judge of what it takes to be a successful college pitcher than Butler? Is BK having a difficult time with his style of coaching methods matching up, or even being able to be applied, with Butler's type of pitchers?

If these are even somewhat true, the pitching and the rapport between coaches would suffer.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    I believe that this is just a side product of a bigger problem. From others that would know more than I, Butler is doing the recruiting and selecting of what he wants in a pitcher.

This begs (at least) two questions. Is BK a better judge of what it takes to be a successful college pitcher than Butler? Is BK having a difficult time with his style of coaching methods matching up, or even being able to be applied, with Butler's type of pitchers?

If these are even somewhat true, the pitching and the rapport between coaches would suffer.
                    I believe Butler is doing the recruiting, I do not know what influence (if any) kemintz has on the pitchers coming in. I do know that these pitchers do not follow suite of what we typically see in a Shocker uniform. After my lasts posts I talked to my buddy and he said that Kemnitz seems to be back in Butlers good graces and they are getting along now.
                    I dont remember who, but someone posted that Kemnitz was taking naps during entire games during the end of the gene era. I was there for Genes last four years and never once saw kemnitz taking a nap during the game. Dont get me wrong, he loved his naps and would take them every day but it was never during a game. I have been to a few games this year and Brents fire seems to be gone and he looks like a different person.
                    On a side note, the person I talked to within the program told me Butler has turned into a monster. His exact words were "butler is freaking out about his job, thinks he will be fired" . At least the rumblings are making their way to HCTB and he does not feel secure anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Royalno5 View Post
                      Maybe Gene should come back, imagine how motivated he would be. I always thought he should have had a chance to brake the record. Sadly it couldn't be any worse.
                      How long would you have him as coach to get there? At one time, Gene was ahead of Augie G. and both were neck and neck back in 2005, but Augie soon past him. If Gene was still here and had continued to win at his last 3 year rate, he would be around 70 wins behind Augie and, also, Mike Martin was catching Gene from behind.

Comment

• Drake just had a contentious basketball townhall meeting. Their AD told the fans that the Pittsburgh pirates told them to be prepared that the 3rd year is the worst year of the rebuild and then it get better. Also her AD implied that all the good teams are cheating.

Bring back Butler or maybe Drake needs to fire their AD?

Comment

• Originally posted by KansasShocker View Post
                          I dont remember who, but someone posted that Kemnitz was taking naps during entire games during the end of the gene era. I was there for Genes last four years and never once saw kemnitz taking a nap during the game. Dont get me wrong, he loved his naps and would take them every day but it was never during a game.
                          They were so frequent and he was catching so much crap for it that he felt the need to devote about thirty minutes of his radio show one week to the finer points of his battle with sleep apnea, and why it caused him to have apparent narcoleptic episodes during games which he could not avoid.

Comment

• Originally posted by KansasShocker View Post
                            I believe Butler is doing the recruiting, I do not know what influence (if any) kemintz has on the pitchers coming in. I do know that these pitchers do not follow suite of what we typically see in a Shocker uniform. After my lasts posts I talked to my buddy and he said that Kemnitz seems to be back in Butlers good graces and they are getting along now.
                            I dont remember who, but someone posted that Kemnitz was taking naps during entire games during the end of the gene era. I was there for Genes last four years and never once saw kemnitz taking a nap during the game. Dont get me wrong, he loved his naps and would take them every day but it was never during a game. I have been to a few games this year and Brents fire seems to be gone and he looks like a different person.
                            On a side note, the person I talked to within the program told me Butler has turned into a monster. His exact words were "butler is freaking out about his job, thinks he will be fired" . At least the rumblings are making their way to HCTB and he does not feel secure anymore.
                            He's freaking 10-22 at a historical baseball program. Why should anyone have to tell him to be worried about the status of a job? If he doesn't know it by himself, than he's an even bigger buffoon than he's leading on to be.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                              This weak arse administration is going to rationalize that losing our best pitcher (again) and having such a young group of players is the reason why this season turned to dog poo. They'll convince themselves that Coach Butler and the program was just unlucky and will give him another opportunity to prove them right. Pride won't allow them to cut bait. Color me surprised if they do, but I'm betting that Coach Butler and Co., come back for 2017 - talk about the potential of a drama filled season.
                              I would like to say you're full of crap, but I think that scenario is entirely within the realm of possibilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                                I have not been over to the Creighton message board lately. I wonder, if the Jays have started a thread, which is entitled as follows:

"The Flaming, Burning, Stinking and Predictable Disaster That Is Shocker Baseball."

Just wondering.
                                We have already started that thread. Just didn't name it that.

Comment

Working...
                                X