• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow.
    Awesome

Comment

Did NOT see that coming.

Comment

Uh, did we recruit a whole new team overnight? Or are these guys just waking up and pulling their heads out? Or did we just catch Nebraska on their worst day?

Comment

Their RPI went from mod 30's to 70.ours went from 276 to 254.

Comment

Well done Shocks.
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
              Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
                Are we in a position to Evansville teams?

Comment

I have a hunch we get waxed the next 2 games to lose the series.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

18 walks in that game. I love baseball and was at that game but man that was hard to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      I have a hunch you're right. Hopefully the Shox will prove us both wrong

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        17 runs Day 1, shut out Day 2.

A little harder to score when you don't get handed 18 free passes.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

At least the Shocks didn't get waxed (at leased based on my interpretation of the term).

Huskers: 4 Runs, 6 Hits, 1 Error, 3 Walks, 5 LOB
                          Shockers: 0 Runs, 5 Hits, 0 Errors, 5 Walks, 8 LOB

Nebraska concentrated their baserunners with 4 of their 5 hits and 2 of their 3walks coming in the bottom of the 6th when they scored 3 runs. They added a run in the 7th on a lead off double, ground out and sac fly.

The Shocks hits were spread out a bit more. 1 in the 1st, 1 in the 3rd, 2 in the 4th and 1 in the 5th.

In the 1st Luke Ritter was hit by a pitch and with 2 outs Ryan Tinkham singled Luke to 3rd. Gunnar Troutwine struck out looking on a 2-2 pitch to end the inning.

In the 3rd a Tanner Kirk single and a Luke Ritter walk put runners on 1st and 2nd with two outs but Tinkham flied out to RF to end the inning.

In the 4th Troutwine led off with a single. Chase Rader attempted to bunt Troutwine over to 2nd but Troutwine was out at 2nd with Rader reaching 1st on the FC. Rader was then caught stealing for the 2nd out. Alec Bohm then singled up middle so that failed sac bunt may well have cost the Shocks a run. The inning ended when Bohm was forced at 2nd on a grounder to SS by Dayton Dugas.

In the 5th Tanner Kirk doubled with 1 out but Mikel Mucha lined out to 2B and Luke Ritter went down swinging to end the inning.

In the 7th Alec Bohm reached on an error by the 3B but was thrown out at 2B by the LF trying to stretch it into a 2-base error.

In the 8th back-to-back walks to Mucha and Ritter with 1 out gave the Shocks runners at 1st and 2nd but Ryan Tinkham grounded into a 5-3 double play to end the inning.

The Shocks had their chances but just could not come up with the clutch hit.

Zach Lewis started and was very good through 5 innings. in the bottom of the 5th the Nerbraska lead off batter lined out to RF to start the inning. That was followed with a single, walk, single, double and a single that scored 3 runs before HCTB brought in Reagan Biechler who recorded the final 2 outs without additional damage. HCTB may have been a bit slow on the trigger in pulling Zach. Something he seems prone to do. All-in-all though the pitching today was pretty solid.

Now tomorrow they may get waxed. We'll see. Not sure who will pitch for the Shocks.

Comment

Game to is a loss but, dare I say given the state of the program, it is a respectable loss.

Comment

It seems like Willie Schwanke and Zach Lewis are capable of providing us with a couple of solid starters. Does anyone have any information on the status of Sam Tewes?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                It seems like Willie Schwanke and Zach Lewis are capable of providing us with a couple of solid starters. Does anyone have any information on the status of Sam Tewes?
                                Laat i had heard was tht he tweaked his back? Possibly just givong him some rest. I will reach out to some people around shocker baseball and see if i can find anything out

Comment

Working...
                                X