Sam Tewes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Tewes

I didn't see this posted elsewhere, but it came across my Google Alerts on WSU.

After missing the majority of last season with an injury, Wichita State right-hander Sam Tewes is optimistic for his redshirt sophomore season. It wasn’t easy for the 6-foot-5, 200-pound hurler to watch his team perform, while sitting out with an injury last year. But, during that time, he learned the importance of taking advantage of […]

I didn't realize he is 33rd on Baseball America's "Top 100" prospects for this year.

Big time test for Sam today in Fullerton.

Comment

Does it really matter? He could throw a no-no, and WSU hitters will strike 15 times and will commit a couple errors and lose 2-0.

Comment

Or they will go out and put up 9 but Sam will give up 10. One of the two is bound to happen... In all seriousness Fullerton's strength is their pitching. If we can score 5 or 6 I think we win. IF

Comment

Tewes gets injured.....:dispirited:

Comment

Will Kunkel's tweet just now:

"Wichita State pitcher Sam Tewes will miss the rest of the 2016 season after injuring his right elbow. #watchus"

He will need Tommy John surgery.

Comment

Wow. I'll wear this one. My fault for posting. For crying out loud...

Comment

fcuk!!!

Comment

It makes you wonder if Sam will ever pitch for Wichita State again...
                  78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                    It makes you wonder if Sam will ever pitch for Wichita State again...
                    I'd say a big no. His chances for any kind of paycheck has gotten a lot smaller with this second injury. Doubt he'd take potentially losing any chance by coming back. However, if he does not believe he has any reasonable chance at the bigs now, then that's something different.

Comment

Just depends on his draft slot.

Comment

Working...
                      X