Don't Look Know But...Shocks vs Sam Houston State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Look Know But...Shocks vs Sam Houston State

The Shockers baseball team must have absorbed the karma left behind by the basketball team as they have jumped out in front of Sam Houston State 6-1 with the bottom of the order plus Freshman Luke Ritter in the 2-hole doing most of the damage.

Sam Houston State starter Sam Odom came into the game with a 1.69 ERA and a WHIP of 0.50 over 16 innings in his 2 previous starts against Lousiana-Lafayette and Oklahoma.

Sam Tewes has bounced back nicely from his tough outing against New Mexico State.

Still a long way to go however to finish this one off but I like what I am seeing so far.

Sam Houston St vs WSU gm1

6-1 shox, top 5, 10 hits, Ritter with a HR. Tewes with 7 ks so far.

Comment

Oops, just posted a thread. Sorry. How does one delete a thread? :)

Shox looking good.

Comment

Tewes with 8 Ks I believe.

Comment

Almost a Bohm bohmb to lead off the bottom off the 5th followed by back-to-back walks to Mucha and Troutwine.

Grayson Jenista in to pinch hit form Keenan Eaton.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
            Tewes with 8 Ks I believe.
            Yes and I think Shane said that ties his career high. According to Shane the Bearkats are a free-swinging bunch.

Comment

Whoever is in charge of the music at Eck should pay attention.

Comment

Jenista flied to left but Dayton Dugas blast a 2-out, 3-run home run to left field put the Shocks up 9-1 as the bottom of the Shockers order continues to scorch the Bearkats.

Dayton Dugas and Trey Vickers are both 3-3 in the 8-hole and the 9-hole and Luke Ritter is 3-3 in the 2-hole. 2 Freshman and a Sophomore. Dugas and Ritter have both homered.

Dayton after a miserable start where he struck out in his 1st 5 collegiate at bats is 7 of his last 10 and is now batting 0.467 on the day.

Comment

Nice to see that from Dugas

Comment

We have scored more runs on Sam Houston State in 5 innings than Oklahoma did in 28 innings.
                    78-65

Comment

It's about effing time we jumped on a quality opponent early.

Comment

Tewes runs into trouble in the 6th giving up 2 runs and leaving with the bases loaded and one out.

Codi Heuer is on in relief of Sam.

Comment

Almost a great play to get out of the inning. Ugh.
                          9-4

Comment

Jones in now

Comment

A lot of seeing eye stuff this inning but I am of the opinion that HCTB stayed with Sam just a little bit too long. Hopefully, the Shocks can wrangle out of this with no further damage.

Tyler Jones on in relief of Codi Heuer with 2 outs but the bases still juiced.

Comment

Working...
                              X