UNC Bears @ WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNC Bears @ WSU

Might as well be the first to kick it off. I love college baseball season and am really excited for the 2016 Baseball Shox. Here's to getting back to the post season.

UNC, a member of the WAC, finished 16 - 32 last season with a 4 - 17 non-con record. NONE of their 2015 pitchers, who threw more than one inning, had an ERA lower than 4.69. Their most experienced starter (tied with 10 starts) that comes back is a gentleman by the name of Alex Werbach who is a senior and had a 6.33 ERA last season.

If this team has as much promise as Coach Butler is describing, then I am expecting the Shox to sweep the Bears and all by double digits. The weather looks great for the series. Go Shox!

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
    Might as well be the first to kick it off. I love college baseball season and am really excited for the 2016 Baseball Shox. Here's to getting back to the post season.

UNC, a member of the WAC, finished 16 - 32 last season with a 4 - 17 non-con record. NONE of their 2015 pitchers, who threw more than one inning, had an ERA lower than 4.69. Their most experienced starter (tied with 10 starts) that comes back is a gentleman by the name of Alex Werbach who is a senior and had a 6.33 ERA last season.

If this team has as much promise as Coach Butler is describing, then I am expecting the Shox to sweep the Bears and all by double digits. The weather looks great for the series. Go Shox!
    The problem with your prediction and baseball is that all it takes is one new very good pitching recruit and the Shocks lose 1-0.

Comment

I'll settle for a sweep of any variety. I don't give a damn about style points, let's just rack up enough Ws to return to a regional please.

Comment

Posted by sullentrop

image.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          Posted by sullentrop

Built giant new scoreboard!

Used text that still can't be read from stands.

Comment

Designers are always looking at these things on their computer screen 18-inches away and think everything looks great. Until, they put it up in the real world and find out the audience is 100 yards or more from the graphic, and that small type is just not readable. Typical of young designers.

Comment

I will give them some slack for a couple reasons:

A) We are seeing a small picture of that. Who knows how that actually looks in person. It might actually be okay.

B) This is not a game day. I am sure the marketing crew is looking at it to see what alterations need made. Like a previous poster mentioned, you think things look good on a computer screen and realize that it doesn't look good once you put it to the test. That's why you take these trial runs on days like today (or yesterday...if that's when the picture was taken).

I am excited to see how this can help enhance the experience of watching a game at Eck.
              78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                I will give them some slack for a couple reasons:

A) We are seeing a small picture of that. Who knows how that actually looks in person. It might actually be okay.

B) This is not a game day. I am sure the marketing crew is looking at it to see what alterations need made. Like a previous poster mentioned, you think things look good on a computer screen and realize that it doesn't look good once you put it to the test. That's why you take these trial runs on days like today (or yesterday...if that's when the picture was taken).

I am excited to see how this can help enhance the experience of watching a game at Eck.
                They had 3 years to figure out the font they were using on the last board was not legible from the stands. I know that board had some limitations, but formatting and choosing size 3 font had a lot to do with the problem.

Comment

Just an observation, I was looking at the roster and I can't remember a time when the Shockers had no one on the team less than 6'0" tall. Butler is true to his word, he's bringing in size to the program.

Comment

What a great day for my son not only to be out of school, but be performing at the Friends Jazz Festival early this afternoon. It will be the first time we've been able to take in opening day!

Comment

Just an observation, I was looking at the roster and I can't remember a time when the Shockers had no one on the team less than 6'0" tall. Butler is true to his word, he's bringing in size to the program.
                      I hope a couple of them can hit a D1 curveball. Or throw a strike.

The only fear opposing batters faced last year was that they were likely to get hit.

Comment

Hope he hasn't passed over any Mark Standiford, Kevin Hooper, P.J. Forbes or Blake Blasi type players in the process.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 19, 2016, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          What a great day for my son not only to be out of school, but be performing at the Friends Jazz Festival early this afternoon. It will be the first time we've been able to take in opening day!

Hey! My son is there too! Excited for opening day. Got season tickets finally.

What are the Tad's discount numbers? Saw a WSU baseball jersey there for $55 and I'd love 40% off.
                          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Hope is hasn't passed over any Mark Standiford, Kevin Hooper, P.J. Forbes or Blake Blasi type players in the process.
                            Nope. Height is the only thing that matters. Those guys were all overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Hope he hasn't passed over any Mark Standiford, Kevin Hooper, P.J. Forbes or Blake Blasi type players in the process.
                              The Bluma Bros., and my favorite Randy Young, there's a lot more for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X