Standiford and Tabor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    I bet you two are related, if you go back enough generations. I bet the three of us are related in the same context. Does that thought terrify you or what?
    sad fact of life for Mennonite immigrant lineage. Saddest part is that there aren't that many generations since they rode the boat to the US. I'm sure I'm related to everybody in Moundridge and half of Inman, Buhler and Hillsboro. Oh, and all of the escapees in Turpin, OK.
    One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
      sad fact of life for Mennonite immigrant lineage. Saddest part is that there aren't that many generations since they rode the boat to the US. I'm sure I'm related to everybody in Moundridge and half of Inman, Buhler and Hillsboro. Oh, and all of the escapees in Turpin, OK.
      Pretty Prairie?

Comment

Yeah, those guys too.
        One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

I'm actually not of Mennonite heritage, at least, not that I'm aware of. We moved to Buhler when I was 4, so our family trees probably connect closer to Noah than ourselves.

So, I'm guessing your clan is either a Schroeder, Schmidt, Gaeddert, Goertzen, Ediger, Kroeker, Pankratz, Siemens, Regier/Regehr or Franz. That's 80% of the names on cemetery headstones in this area.

Comment

Wow, That's a long list and you only hit 2nd cousins. Try Dick, Dyck, Adrian, Jantz, Stucky, Schrag or Goering and you'll be spot on.

You did hit a LOT of 2nd cousins.

Comment

Most of Mom's kin are buried at the Hoffnungsau (sp?) cemetery.

Comment

My Mom's father is as well, along with a ton of relatives on that side.

Comment

Now there's a big country church out in the middle of nowhere!

Comment

Have heard this is being built with the help of a private donation from a Tabor baseball booster.

Comment

Wow, That's a long list and you only hit 2nd cousins. Try Dick, Dyck, Adrian, Jantz, Stucky, Schrag or Goering and you'll be spot on.

You did hit a LOT of 2nd cousins.
                      I can't believe I missed some of those. Add Friesen and Ratzlaff to the list. Oh, and Kreihbel, too.

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
                        Have heard this is being built with the help of a private donation from a Tabor baseball booster.
                        That must be who Standiford thanked in the original tweet.

Comment

Working...
                        X