Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunny Golloway fired at Auburn

Oh boy.

The message released by attorney John Saxon called the firing "outrageous" and threatened litigation against the school. He also teased further details that will make Auburn officials wish they "handled this differently" could be released in the near future.

So what is the back story? What happened in a matter of months of them giving him bonuses to firing him for cause?

Comment

Unsubstantiated:

College Baseball Daily has learned that former Auburn Baseball coach Sunny Golloway was fired over having players throwing bullpen sessions with coaches during a time period coaches could not attend. This is an NCAA infraction and could lead to players being ruled ineligible. When Sunny was questioned about the bullpen sessions by Auburn Athletic Department staff, he denied they were going on. But he was caught in the lie as there was video and photo evidence of the bullpens with the coaching staff. This is the reason that current Associate Head Coach and Pitching Coach Tom Holliday has been placed on Administrative Leave also.
      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

If the forums are any indication, there seems to be a lot of finger pointing, mis-trust, and vitriol in the Auburn Athletics Department.
        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

This whole thing is awesome. Never liked Sunny to begin with, and Auburn can sleep in the bed they have been making lately.

Comment

Yea, Sunny and Gene were a match made in hell from a personality standpoint. Can't say this darkens my day.

Comment

Actually, this now gives them a chance to hire Gene, Play Angry.

Comment

Gene Chizik, Bruce Pearle, Sonny Golloway. Just win baby!
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                  Gene Chizik, Bruce Pearle, Sonny Golloway. Just win baby!
                  You know Chizik isn't their football coach anymore, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                    Unsubstantiated:

College Baseball Daily has learned that former Auburn Baseball coach Sunny Golloway was fired over having players throwing bullpen sessions with coaches during a time period coaches could not attend. This is an NCAA infraction and could lead to players being ruled ineligible. When Sunny was questioned about the bullpen sessions by Auburn Athletic Department staff, he denied they were going on. But he was caught in the lie as there was video and photo evidence of the bullpens with the coaching staff. This is the reason that current Associate Head Coach and Pitching Coach Tom Holliday has been placed on Administrative Leave also.

Wow. You don't fire a coach over this unless you're looking to get rid of him already. Golloway is a good coach.

The most interesting name I've heard for this job is Jack Leggett. Firing Golloway now makes me wonder if they already have something big like that lined up.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog View Post
                      You know Chizik isn't their football coach anymore, right?
                      Yes I know that. Let's see, were there any questionable things going on during his stay?
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Wow. You don't fire a coach over this unless you're looking to get rid of him already. Golloway is a good coach.

The most interesting name I've heard for this job is Jack Leggett. Firing Golloway now makes me wonder if they already have something big like that lined up.
                        I don't know. If i were someone's boss and they did something wrong, that's one thing. But if they flat out lied to me about it and were caught in that lie I'd be tempted to fire them on the spot. How can you trust them anymore?
                        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Is Leggett an Auburn grad? Why would he leave Clemson for any other reason than to be in the SEC? He's already been reasonably successful there, although nothing close to what it was like in the 90s and 00s.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                            Is Leggett an Auburn grad? Why would he leave Clemson for any other reason than to be in the SEC? He's already been reasonably successful there, although nothing close to what it was like in the 90s and 00s.

Leggett was fired after last season.

Comment

Leggett was fired after last season.
                              Thanks for that. Seems he would be a very good hire most places.

Comment

Working...
                              X