Extra Innings Interview With Gene Stephenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra Innings Interview With Gene Stephenson

CBS Sports features live scoring, news, stats, and player info for NFL football, MLB baseball, NBA basketball, NHL hockey, college basketball and football.

You don't tell a rough and tumble man from Guthrie, Oklahoma that you can't take pressure. That's one thing I've noticed about Gene Stephenson's teams Wichita State, they're usually mentally tough and have an ornery disposition.

But that's also why I've noticed Coach Stephenson grousing about his teams the last few years. He's gone on record at the Wichita Eagle that his recent teams haven't had a toughness about them, haven't been mentally strong and have shown a lack of aggressiveness.

[Staff edit: Please only post an excerpt and a link. Thank you.]

When somebody tells Gene that he "owned" somebody, do you think he knows what that means? HAHA.

Comment

This is the direct link to the article.

CBS Sports features live scoring, news, stats, and player info for NFL football, MLB baseball, NBA basketball, NHL hockey, college basketball and football.

Comment

Here is a video of about Gene and Phil Stephenson that I found on the same website.

Comment

If Phil would have possessed the competitive drive and work ethic that Gene has he would have been a great major league hitter.

He was just too lazy.
          Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Tony Gwynn said phil was the best hitter he ever saw. Tony knows a thing or two about hitting and wasnt to bad himself.

Comment

Gwynn was one of the greatest hitters of all times.

Phil would not keep in shape in the off-season and would report to training camp fat and out of shape.

He just did not have the self-discipline or work ethic or whatever you want to call it to succeed at the major league level.
              Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Good article. Well worth reading.

Comment

I like the Eric Wedge question / comment.
                  That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Working...
                  X