Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shox vs. Missouri State (MVC Tournament, Day 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox vs. Missouri State (MVC Tournament, Day 2)

The Eagle shows that Sam Hilliard (1-3, 6.09 ERA) will be taking the hill for the Shox against Jon Harris (6-1, 2.08 ERA) tonight at 7:30 PM.

If accurate, that is an interesting strategy move bumping Sam up to the #2 slot in the rotation. We are probably going to need to a plus effort from the staff tonight to have a shot at knocking off the Bears.

Go Shox!

edit: looks like 72 and I made threads within a minute of each other, feel free to merge mods.

The Shocks will absolutely have their hands full with MSU and the Valley Pitcher of the Year Jon Harris tonigtht. Although the reason Harris is pitching tonight was because he had an issue with a blister on his pitching hand after his last start. I'm sure he is probably 100% but that could be something to keep an eye on.

Interestingly, the Shocks are going with Sam Hilliard on the mound. Sam has mostly been the #4 starter from the Shocks pitching mid-week games. However, maybe it's a good move. Sam has pretty much been carrying this team on his back the last 2 to 3 weeks anyway. Why not see if he can do it from the bump.

Comment

I figure if we tank under Hilliard no one is going to complain. He has probably earned it. And if he somehow pulls it off, he's a hero. He can do it!

Comment

Going with Hilliard seems like the high-risk, high-reward move.

See if he can carry even more of the load on his back. If he can and we pull it off, we are in fantastic shape for the weekend. If not, well then you lost the game you were probably going to lose anyway and you didn't burn a weekend guy. You do have to hope that even in a losing effort, he eats up some innings so we don't destroy the pitching staff for the rest of the weekend.

Wouldn't mind seeing a Tinkham or Troutwine or Rader step up and carry the load on offense tonight. 1 or 2 big hits might be all we have a chance at, and might be all we need.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          Going with Hilliard seems like the high-risk, high-reward move.

See if he can carry even more of the load on his back. If he can and we pull it off, we are in fantastic shape for the weekend. If not, well then you lost the game you were probably going to lose anyway and you didn't burn a weekend guy. You do have to hope that even in a losing effort, he eats up some innings so we don't destroy the pitching staff for the rest of the weekend.

Wouldn't mind seeing a Tinkham or Troutwine or Rader step up and carry the load on offense tonight. 1 or 2 big hits might be all we have a chance at, and might be all we need.
          I don't see it as particularly high-risk because assuming Harris is healthy the chances of any of the Shockers beating him are not great. If the game gets out of hand just let the bottom of the staff absorb one from the team. Either way we have Bargfeldt or Williams available for Game 3. I kind of like the move plus I think Sam is capable of keeping the Shockers in the game for 5 or 6 innings.

I can see Tinkham or Troutwine stepping up but quite frankly I don't have a great deal of confidence in Rader. It would be very helpful if Daniel Kihle could get it going. He has been slumping lately.

Comment

PLEASE COME TO THE GAME! Give the kids some great support!
            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Start time moved to 7:44 PM.

Comment

Here we go.

Comment

Stuck listening to Kennedy on the always solid ~1 minute delay over the interwebz tonight. I'll be that guy posting inflamed reactions to anything noteworthy way after they happen.

Just a heads up.

Comment

Have to quit walking people.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      Have to quit walking people.
                      4 walks through 2.

Comment

When will instant replay be available for reviewing wrong calls in college baseball?
                        Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Looked like a bad call there! ��

P.S. It was a bad call; should be 1 all.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Mucha should have been called safe. The angle they showed on the ESPN3 broadcast showed it fairly clearly.

Comment

It is always hard to tell when basing it off of MK feedback but it seems like we have been royally screwed on a couple big calls in the last week (missed call at the plate last week at DBU, calling Mucha out here).

Shocker fanatics watching on ESPN3 or in person- would be interested in your take.

Edit: SN to the rescue as usual. As predicted, I am a late posting sumbitch. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X