Shane Dennis Leaving KFH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shane Dennis Leaving KFH

I know this was announced Monday, but I thought about it even more listening to the baseball game last night. I have really missed him this year doing color commentary for the baseball games on the radio with Mike. I hope we haven't heard his last call as I have enjoyed him filling in for Mike during the first of the season.

Wait what?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Wait what?
      He announced Monday that his final show is Friday.

Comment

Man, that is a bummer.

Comment

Been busy all week and not able to listen to his show? What is he going to do? What are his plans? Did he say?

Comment

This sucks, I hope he is moving to a better situation.
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDave View Post
              Been busy all week and not able to listen to his show? What is he going to do? What are his plans? Did he say?
              He wasnt able to say what his new job is. You can listen to the podcast of Monday's show on www.kfhradio.com.

Comment

There goes the best sports talk show in Wichita, by far. He said that all of the numbers looked good for his show but that he was leaving to do something related but not the same thing. I really have no idea what that would be.

Comment

A few thoughts crossed my mind.

1. Others in bigger markets or larger reach have taken notice and snatched him up.

2. He's going to become Mike Kennedy's full-time sidekick and "Shocker-Voice-in-training".

3. Will Kunkel replacement.

Comment

Disappointing. Really enjoyed his show. Hope he stays in the Wichita market, and stays in the industry. He's a breath of fresh air compared to the tools Wichita is suddenly attracting on the TV side of things.

Comment

He is staying within the Shocker broadcasting family. All I can say.

Comment

Maybe he is the new VOTS lol

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          Maybe he is the new VOTS lol
                          Kennedy isn't allowed to retire yet.

If there's something related to Shocker Athletics I'm looking forward to less than Marshall moving on, that would be it. I was raised on shocker athletics over the radio.

Comment

Heard Shane was going to work in the marketing department at WSU which I would imagine keep him in the broadcasting loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              Kennedy isn't allowed to retire yet.

If there's something related to Shocker Athletics I'm looking forward to less than Marshall moving on, that would be it. I was raised on shocker athletics over the radio.
                              I think shoxlax was maybe referring to Steve Strain who did the WBB internet broadcasts last season and has posted on Shockernet as VOTS. I guess it is kind of pretentious of SS to hijack that name. If you Google Voice of The Shockers you get a lot of Mike Kennedy but nothing on Steve Strain.

Would love to have Shane (or Terry Elliott for that matter) back in the press box with MK for Shocker baseball games. Not that MK is not outstanding but I think MK+SD or MK+TE is a more entertaining product.

Eventually, I think Shane would be the ideal replacement for Mike Kennedy as VOTS.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 13, 2015, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X