No announcement yet.

WSU vs KState rd2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the big issues with this team is that you just never know what you are going to get from one game to the next from our pitchers but if I was HCTB I would be very tempted to move Sam Hilliard into the weekend rotation. He could pitch Sunday I would think. Move Chase Williams either to mid-week starting role or move him back to the bullpen.

Comment

The look on Butler's face when they allowed KSU to score 3 additional runs at the top of the ninth inning.. Lol.

Comment

The best thing about tonight for me was Hilliard finally giving us a quality start. Hopefully this is something of a breakthrough and he can carry it forward- lord knows we've been needing someone to step up and reliably give us 5+ innings.

Comment

Hllliard

I sat in the yellow seats under the grandstand overhand which seemed prudent considering the threat of rain. My seat was directly behind home plate so I could get a better ideas of what Hilliard was throwing. In the 1st inning, he had 2 very nice running catches behind him by Kihle in CF & Mucha in left field to help get him started. After that, he threw a lot of strikes and generally kept ahead of the hitters most of the time. He hit the corners a lot. I particularly liked what he threw to right handed hitters as a left handed pitcher. He hit the outside corner to them with something that faded going away from the hitter. HCTB said one of his good pitches is a "cutter", so maybe that was it. Butler also said that for him to be effective, he needs to keep his pitches down in the zone. As a hitter, I also liked the double that Hillard got at one point when he hit an outside pitch to the opposite field. When was the last time WSU had a player that was effective behind the plate as well as being a good pitcher?

Comment

Hilliard hasn't been effective on the mound all year until this game.In fact he's BAA is well over. 300.As a hitter he has been very good.Last good 2 way guy I remember was Damon Sublett.Damon was a very good closer that if I remember right had a zero era one season.Sam has been a joy to watch as a hitter this year.Not so much as a pitcher.

Comment

Working...
            X