MVC Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC Tournament

I know it's still a few weeks away, but does anybody know what ticket prices will be? I'm considering getting a pass for the entire tournament if one is offered. There doesn't seem to be anything up on the wsu ticket website about it

Historically, the All-Session passes haven't been too expensive. In most years quite a bit cheaper than individual game tickets even if you just went to the Shocker games. That may not be the case this year.

Even though the team is playing better in recent games there certainly is the possibility of 2 and 'que

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
      I know it's still a few weeks away, but does anybody know what ticket prices will be? I'm considering getting a pass for the entire tournament if one is offered. There doesn't seem to be anything up on the wsu ticket website about it
      35 dollars for an all-session pass in the green seats. That's all I asked about on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Historically, the All-Session passes haven't been too expensive. In most years quite a bit cheaper than individual game tickets even if you just went to the Shocker games. That may not be the case this year.

Even though the team is playing better in recent games there certainly is the possibility of 2 and 'que
        2 and 'que :(
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

$45 for all session pass for the blue seats.

Comment

I don't think the 2 and que applies anymore. Unless they've changed it, is it not a 2 pool tournament with 4 teams in each pool? I believe we get 3 games no matter what, and if we win our pool the championship game is one single game, winner take all. I could be wrong but I thought that has been the format in recent years.

In any case, $35-45 for an all-session pass seems incredibly cheap, especially if by all-session you mean entire tournament.

Comment

It is two conventional brackets that meet up for a championship game. 2 losses and you are out except for championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                It is two conventional brackets that meet up for a championship game. 2 losses and you are out except for championship game.
                Yep. There will be four games a day for the first three days, at 9:30, 12:30, 4:00 and 7:00 I believe. Then the two "if necessary" games earlier on the day on Saturday with the one game championship Saturday night. Lots of baseball games in three days if you want to into beast-watch mode!
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I don't think the 2 and que applies anymore. Unless they've changed it, is it not a 2 pool tournament with 4 teams in each pool? I believe we get 3 games no matter what, and if we win our pool the championship game is one single game, winner take all. I could be wrong but I thought that has been the format in recent years.

In any case, $35-45 for an all-session pass seems incredibly cheap, especially if by all-session you mean entire tournament.
                  Last year No. 1 seed Evansville and No. 2 seed Indiana State both went 2 and out in the Valley Tournament. The Shocks went 2-2.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                    Yep. There will be four games a day for the first three days, at 9:30, 12:30, 4:00 and 7:00 I believe. Then the two "if necessary" games earlier on the day on Saturday with the one game championship Saturday night. Lots of baseball games in three days if you want to into beast-watch mode!
                    I am planning to be there for every game. Cooler in the car for pre-game refreshments or in-game breaks as needed. I assume we will get the 7pm game the first night?

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                      I am planning to be there for every game. Cooler in the car for pre-game refreshments or in-game breaks as needed. I assume we will get the 7pm game the first night?
                      Hope so! It only makes sense.
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Last year No. 1 seed Evansville and No. 2 seed Indiana State both went 2 and out in the Valley Tournament. The Shocks went 2-2.

http://mvc.org/baseball/2014bracket.pdf
                        My apologies to everybody then. I could have sworn at 1 time recently it was a round robin tournament. Either I'm totally confused or remembering something else.

Either way, work permitting, I plan on being there

Comment

My apologies to everybody then. I could have sworn at 1 time recently it was a round robin tournament. Either I'm totally confused or remembering something else.
                          It was round-robin in 2009, so you aren't crazy...well, at least not in this regard. That was a one-year deal as it was realized that there were some literally meaningless games. I think the next year, 2010, was when the format was changed to what we have now, which essentially is the old CWS format.
                          78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                            It was round-robin in 2009, so you aren't crazy...well, at least not in this regard. That was a one-year deal as it was realized that there were some literally meaningless games. I think the next year, 2010, was when the format was changed to what we have now, which essentially is the old CWS format.
                            Isn't it still the CWS format, aside from the championship now being a three game series?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                              Isn't it still the CWS format, aside from the championship now being a three game series?
                              Well yeah...but I referred to the old CWS format because it set-up for a one-game championship, which is exactly what the MVC Tournament is now. In 1989, WSU had a loss but Texas didn't. WSU won the title game to win it all. Conversely, WSU had no losses in Omaha in 1993 whereas LSU had a loss. LSU won that championship game to take the title. I pointed out WSU being on both sides of it so that it didn't seem like I was saying that it was unfair that the undefeated team going into the title game lost once and thus didn't win the championship.
                              78-65

Comment

Working...
                              X