GET YA HOT DOGS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GET YA HOT DOGS!

Tonight's game vs OU is 50 cent hot dog night. The game is at 7pm and not 6:30 like its printed on the tickets. The game will also be on ESPNU.
    Attached Files

Big opportunity to continue the weekend's momentum- we need all the confidence we can get heading into Springfield on Friday.

Go Shox!

Comment

ESPNU also
      For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
      - said no one ever...

Comment

I'm bringing a $10 bill and an empty stomach. Get out the way.

Comment

The dogs may be enough to get me out to the game. Lord knows, a paid season ticket alone won't.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            The dogs may be enough to get me out to the game. Lord knows, a paid season ticket alone won't.
            I get the frustration. I think we're all there.

But I do think there is something to be said for being a fan of the team you want, not always the team you have. If every WSU basketball fan in the 90s took your approach, the program would never have been rekindled to success.

I do wish hot dogs were still a dime. I have some great memories of 10c hot dog night at the Eck.

Comment

Have 50 cent hot dogs and dollar beer every game!
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

But I do think there is something to be said for being a fan of the team you want, not always the team you have. If every WSU basketball fan in the 90s took your approach, the program would never have been rekindled to success.

I do wish hot dogs were still a dime. I have some great memories of 10c hot dog night at the Eck.
                I agree completely cdizzle. Im out there doing what brent does when he walks to the mound and is frustrated with the umpire. Im chirping just loud enough so the administration can hear my disappointment with things. Even louder on the rare chance we get blessed with lord sexton's presence. Whether we stink or not, Im going to be out there. In the end its just baseball and I enjoy hanging out with the people at the game.

Comment

If you went to any or all of the games this past weekend you certainly had to be entertained. Now Sunday you may have been a little chilly but I still enjoyed it. I caught the Saturday game and most of Sunday's game after the Softball game finished up and it was a good time.

I would not have set through the chilly weather on Sunday if the Shocks had not been competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    I would not have set through the chilly weather on Sunday if the Shocks had not been competitive.
                    I get this. And I'm certainly not advocating that one has to blindly and silently follow while handing over their money and attending every game; rain, snow or shine. From listening on the radio, it sounded like a fun weekend, though I was unable to attend any of the games.

I think often of Coach Marshall's comments about the WSU crowds at times like the UAB blizzard game, or his 0-6 team coming home to face Creighton, and can't help but think those moments had something to do with the success of the program, and eventually him staying the past few years. At this point this season, I think I've done about all I can to make it clear that I'm not OK with this type of season being acceptable. Now it's important to show that while I'm upset, I am also still paying attention and care.

Comment

I get that. But it's excruciatingly painful watching low IQ baseball. If WSU didn't have the funding or tradition, then I could accept it. But it feels we were a bit duped with preseason rankings and top-flight recruiting rankings. I thought we would at least be better than last year (not asking much), but not 15 games worse and easily the losingest season in WSU history.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

But it's excruciatingly painful watching low IQ baseball.
                        Agree to agree.

If WSU didn't have the funding or tradition, then I could accept it. But it feels we were a bit duped with preseason rankings and top-flight recruiting rankings. I thought we would at least be better than last year (not asking much), but not 15 games worse and easily the losingest season in WSU history.
                        I can agree that the hype coming into the season was overblown. And while making that frustration known to the coaching staff seems fair, it doesn't seem fair to lay those expectations on the players, at least not yet.

Mostly I'm just pissed because I was out of town during the Super Regional with UCI and I haven't gotten over it yet. I want another chance to attend a series like that. The only thing I can think of to help make that happen is to pay for some tickets, show up to some games, and cheer for the good guys.

Comment

Mostly I'm just pissed because I was out of town during the Super Regional with UCI and I haven't gotten over it yet..
                          Damn, those two games were so intense. Eck was electric...other than having to wait 17-2/3 innings to get a freaking run! There was so much pent-up energy waiting to erupt, which it finally did on Tyler Hill's(?) 2-out, 2-run game-tying hit....only to be undone by Irvine's run in the bottom of the 9th to advance to Omaha. Two one-run losses at home away from the College World Series. Ugh! :banghead:

I hope we can experience something like that again soon. I think we can...just need to get karma headed back in the right direction. If Missouri State can be in line to host a regional, there is NO reason why Wichita State can't get back to that level.
                          78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                            If Missouri State can be in line to host a regional, there is NO reason why Wichita State can't get back to that level.
                            Isn't that the truth!

I was at both of the UCI SR games. A Shocker baseball atmosphere The Eck had never seen. When UCI hit the gapper in the 9th you could figuratively feel the blood being drained from your body, and the crowd as a whole. I'm not sure I've ever been so high and so low within such a short period in my entire life.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                              Isn't that the truth!

I was at both of the UCI SR games. A Shocker baseball atmosphere The Eck had never seen. When UCI hit the gapper in the 9th you could figuratively feel the blood being drained from your body, and the crowd as a whole. I'm not sure I've ever been so high and so low within such a short period in my entire life.
                              Idk, the 1996 regional was IMO the best atmosphere I have ever seen. It was electric. Kevin Costner came in to watch CSF and Mark Kotsay. Mark Kotsay was throwing fits as WSU owned him. Of course WSU still had the metal bleachers and everything seemed right on top of the field.

Comment

Working...
                              X