Shox vs KState

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
    1972Shocker – I don’t have the SOS and completely agree that is old data. I just don’t know what people are basing their optimism on. I am HOPEFUL HCTB will turn things around but I am not excited about our future at this point in time. I also realize HCTB will be our coach for at least 5 years regardless of how well we do.

I think your point on blaming HCTB for Gene being fired is EXCELLENT. I don’t consciously blame HCTB one bit, in fact I feel sorry for him. I blame two people for Gene being fired and how he was fired (ADES and Gene). I also blame ADES for putting HCTB in a no-win situation by signing BK to a 7 year contract (I believe this was done before HCTB was even hired). IMHO that severely limited potential candidates. I think ADES also overlooked a good candidate or two because they were “Gene’s guys” and he let his disdain for Gene get in the way of hiring the best candidate for the job.

I am still a huge supporter of Shocker baseball. To that point, I have added season tickets this year (honestly because of favorable pricing) and now have more season tickets than I ever had under HCGS. I have been at every home game and traveled to two away games. I know I can appear negative at times, but sometimes it is hard for me to separate my support of Shocker baseball from support of Gene since Gene was Shocker baseball for so long.
    Sounds very similar to me although Gene and Brent fell of the pedestal from me somewhat after the Ben Christiansen incident and then pretty much fell completely off the pedestal after the dalliance with Oklahoma and the comments that were made at that time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      I do feel sorry for those that watched that predictable disaster of a game.

I had more important things to do, like sniffing pixie stix.
      And a chaser of glue.

Comment

Working...
      X