X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Bruce and Mr. Haertl

Classic Bruce Haertl for you ...

From Sports Daily, April 8, 2015 ...
    (Taken from the final summation of a convoluted, rambling segment)

"If this team can get healthy, especially in the pitching staff -- they're off to a good start in the conference and I'll leave you to judge how important that is -- I still think this team's got some potential.

I’m not ready to jettison this group yet. They look like there's some pieces to the puzzle. And for whatever reason it just hasn't come to fruition. So Todd Butler and Brent Kemnitz and the gang have plenty of work to do and they're doing it. No question."

From KWCH blog "For What It's Worth," April 8, 2015 ...

"I wish I could be as optimistic about Shocker baseball, but 13-19 is what it is—tough schedule and injuries aside, it hasn’t been a very good baseball team. What’s worse is that the Shockers are just 1-10 in their non-conference marquee games.

That they’re off to a 5-1 start in the Valley has more to do with who they’ve played than it does how they’ve played. I know that when you have 22 new names on the roster good chemistry can be hard to come by. There appears to be talent, it just hasn’t gotten any traction---with nearly two months left in the season there’s still time to rally, but there haven’t been a lot of signs of a turnaround.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

@Wuzee: perhaps one is "upon further reflection." Which one is hard to say if this is the case.
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

What? Seems to sum up pretty much everyone's feelings on here. (Except for the pro-Gene guys) lol
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

What people write is usually more consistent than what they say.

I would guess Bruce is trying to stay positive for his Sports Daily listeners.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Covering his bets
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

When I hear his voice I tune it out.Never seems to know what he's talking about or make any sense.Cant be on both sides of the fence.

Comment

Working...
            X