I really miss Terry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really miss Terry

I'm going to be a little late to the KU game so Im listening to Mike call yet another game solo. But listening to the crowd in the background I can hear Terry's echos in the back of my head. I really miss him. He was quirky and brought great knowledge. Shane is good. I like Shane. But I miss me some Terry.

I second that sentiment. Have Mike and Shane have even called a game together yet this season? If I'm remembering right, the games that Mike has been able to call so far this season have not included Shane doing color, even weekend home games. It makes sense that Shane would need a rest after a full week of his show and doing all the games that Mike couldn't do when tied up with basketball, but I can't remember if this was the case last season as well. I wonder if they'll continue this pattern of just one of them calling at a time, both home and away. If so, it might be a good time to bring Terry back in when need be. I was kind of hoping they'd get him to do the games that both Mike and Shane couldn't instead of Steve Strain (who does a fine job; it's just strange not hearing a familiar voice doing baseball). I used to enjoy the early season Shane & Terry games as well. Having the insights of both a former Shocker pitcher and former Shocker catcher provided for interesting perspectives. Either way, as much as I enjoy both Mike and Shane, the broadcasts are definitely lacking without someone doing color, and Terry was great in that role. I always looked forward to Mike and Terry calling some NBC games each summer as well.

Comment

Originally posted by zeptepi View Post
      I second that sentiment. Have Mike and Shane have even called a game together yet this season? If I'm remembering right, the games that Mike has been able to call so far this season have not included Shane doing color, even weekend home games. It makes sense that Shane would need a rest after a full week of his show and doing all the games that Mike couldn't do when tied up with basketball, but I can't remember if this was the case last season as well. I wonder if they'll continue this pattern of just one of them calling at a time, both home and away. If so, it might be a good time to bring Terry back in when need be. I was kind of hoping they'd get him to do the games that both Mike and Shane couldn't instead of Steve Strain (who does a fine job; it's just strange not hearing a familiar voice doing baseball). I used to enjoy the early season Shane & Terry games as well. Having the insights of both a former Shocker pitcher and former Shocker catcher provided for interesting perspectives. Either way, as much as I enjoy both Mike and Shane, the broadcasts are definitely lacking without someone doing color, and Terry was great in that role. I always looked forward to Mike and Terry calling some NBC games each summer as well.
      Shane did the color with Bruce on TV.

Comment

Mike really needs a color person cause his broadcasts do lack. I enjoy him and shane together. Although I would rather listen to shane or mike by themselves than Steve Strain. If that makes me sound picky im sorry. His delivery is just not my cup of tea. Terry coming back would be awesome, but didn't that relationship end on bad terms.

Comment

I'll take Shane over any of them.

Comment

Here is a thought. Perhaps the decline of the program(CGS & HCTB) coupled with the drama associated with Coach Stephenson has created a decline in advertising revenue. As such, on-air programming adjustments had to be made, such as MK going solo. Anyway, just a thought.
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

As for the topic of this thread, honestly, I enjoy them all but I wish MK would give the score more often. This is also the case in basketball.

Go Shocks!
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
              X