Shox vs. Western Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox vs. Western Illinois

The Shockers host Western Illinois for a DH tomorrow at 3pm and 7pm. Western Illinois is 3-10 on the year with 2 wins over Evansville and 1 over Fort Wayne and 2 losses to Evansville as well as 2 losses to Oklahoma State. Western Illinois is 0-5 against the top 50 including a 4-3 loss to Oklahoma State.

Western Illinois looks very beatable. They are hitting .221, have an ERA of 5.28, and are fielding .924. The pitchers listed as starters for Western Illinois have a combined 3.1 innings of work this year.

Pitching match-ups are:
    WSU Tyler Jones (RHP, 0-1, 9.39) vs. Colan Borchers (RHP, 0-0, 15.00) and
    WSU Jeb Bargfeldt (LHP, 0-0, 3.18) vs. Carson Cheesman (LHP, 0-0, 0.00)
    Last edited by shockfan89_; March 16, 2015, 10:42 PM.

For all of the excitement and anticipation going on with basketball right now, I do admire your willpower to start pumping up a midweek baseball series featuring two crappy teams.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Basketball doesn't start until Thursday and it was baseball weather today!!!

Comment

props to shocks89 as well. maybe this team finds a way to put it together and make a run in the Valley tourney.

Comment

Good thing they started on time today or I would've missed us not being behind.

Comment

Shox still batting in a big 1st inning. 3 hits, 3 walks, and 4 stolen bases so far in the inning. Gunnar Troutwine getting his Shocker debut and 1st AB in this inning.

4-1 Shox

Comment

Did I read that correctly? Walks? With hits intermingled?

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                Did I read that correctly? Walks? With hits intermingled?
                And stolen bases. They even scored runs. It was cray-cray.

4-1 Bot 2nd

Comment

6-3 Shox End 4

Error cost the Shox 2. That's shocking.

Comment

Shocker offense responds. Gunnar Troutwine picks up his first collegiate hit, a 2-RBI single.

11-3 Shox Bot 5
                    Last edited by Cdizzle; March 17, 2015, 04:49 PM.

Comment

13-6 Final

Shox had just 1 strikeout, which might tell you something about opposing pitching.

Comment

I was at the first game.Kids wouldn't let me stay for the second.Looked like our guys did have a patient approach at the plate.Hopefully this will be the start of a run going into Valley play.

Comment

The Shox have 16 runs on 8 hits in the 2nd game. As you can imagine, a bit of an odd game. They have received 13 free passes through 6 innings so far.

Comment

18-2 Final in 7 innings. Coaches agreed to call it off at that point.

Comment

This is what they needed with Valley play starting this weekend.We get a bit of a break with SIU being terrible.On paper we should sweep the Salukis.Chances are we won't.

Comment

Working...
                              X