Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many seasons does Kemnitz have left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many seasons does Kemnitz have left?

Just sayin'.... maybe we need a clean break from the old regime at this point.

I mentioned this earlier in the "How many seasons does Butler get" thread. I think if things don't turn around pretty quickly, at some point HCTB will have to make a change to deflect some of the heat. I think the logical move if that day comes is to replace BK. BK was not his hire so HCTB's argument could be that he should get a few more years with his own coaching staff in place?

Somebody commented that this was as much BK's hire as ADES. I don't have any idea how true that is? I have always thought it was odd that HCGS always took the heat for going to OU and returning when it is pretty widely known the OU debacle was what BK wanted (I think BK even admitted as much on the radio one time).

I personally have no respect for BK. How can you stay on and coach at a school when the rest of the people you have worked with for 20+ or 30+ years lose their jobs. His response to ADES should have been "No thanks!" Especially given the fact that HCGS and JT were willing to uproot their lives and take a shot at a dream BK had always wanted and been vocal about.
    Last edited by shockfan89_; March 15, 2015, 08:51 PM.

Comment

He's the puppet master.

Comment

And I always thought that Gene was the head coach and in charge of the program. I gave him too much credit for his 1000 or so wins when Brent deserves more of the credit.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          And I always thought that Gene was the head coach and in charge of the program. I gave him too much credit for his 1000 or so wins when Brent deserves more of the credit.
          I think it is closer to 1,800 wins. Not sure I understand your point? Because BK wanted to go to OU and Gene and JT agreed that means that BK was in charge of the program??? I believed it to be there were three men that worked closely together for around 30 years and one of them really wanted to coach at OU and the others were open to the idea and willing to take a risk.

Turns out it didn't work out. You can blame Gene since he was the head coach, but I think a large portion of that blame should also be placed on the person that admitted they were the one that wanted to leave WSU more than the others. Kind of ironic he is the one that is still at WSU...

Comment

Kemnitz is the lead recruiter and pitching coach. Both have been mediocre/pitiful. I've never seen a performance like I saw yesterday - so many 2 out runs allowed, not being able to find the strike zone, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
              Kemnitz is the lead recruiter and pitching coach. Both have been mediocre/pitiful. I've never seen a performance like I saw yesterday - so many 2 out runs allowed, not being able to find the strike zone, etc.
              Yesterday was depressing, which is why I am taking two half-days in the office for baseball on Tuesday & Wednesday afternoons. A cup of coffee, sunflower seeds and my score book; life is good.

Go Shocks!
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I agree that is one of my biggest concerns. I thought the logic for keeping BK on the staff was to retain some of the recruits and some stability as HCTB got up to speed. I have been surprised at the drop off in pitchers ability and overall baseball IQ the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                  I agree that is one of my biggest concerns. I thought the logic for keeping BK on the staff was to retain some of the recruits and some stability as HCTB got up to speed. I have been surprised at the drop off in pitchers ability and overall baseball IQ the last few years.
                  Wasn't the logic more to retain existing players on the team and run day to day and coordinate summer ball slots? If I recall correctly there were no recruits committed to WSU.

Comment

SB is correct. I should have said players. There were several recruits, but no commits so the logic was probably to add stability and keep as many existing players as possible during the selection and hiring process.

Comment

It is also my understanding that HCTB is recruiting the pitchers, not Kenmitz.

It is amazing how fast some people turn on the coaches when the team is not winning. The first stop should be the AD.

Comment

engrshock - I think this was/is such a weird situation that people don't know exactly what to feel/think. I am sure you can tell my posts range from still bitter how GS was let go, to trying to find bright spots, to admitting it's not fair to judge HCTB on a season and a quarter, to depressed with the current state and little hope for the future, to it looks like things have gone downhill since GS left, to questioning our talent even though it is the 2nd ranked recruiting class in the country!!!

For me it is a range of emotions and it varies greatly from day to day. I agree there is plenty of blame to go around. The obvious solution is to start showing some improvement over the next three to four weeks and I think people will feel better about things. I think we all expected some rough years but I don't think anyone expected this year to be quite as rough as it has been.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                          Yesterday was depressing, which is why I am taking two half-days in the office for baseball on Tuesday & Wednesday afternoons. A cup of coffee, sunflower seeds and my score book; life is good.

Go Shocks!
                          Doubleheader tomorrow at 3pm. No game on Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                            Doubleheader tomorrow at 3pm. No game on Wednesday.
                            Thank you for this information! My tickets say Tuesday/Wednesday, you saved me some disappointment!
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

It just changed today. I'm sure it's because of the weather.

Comment

Working...
                              X