Shox vs. #14 UCSB Weekend Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox vs. #14 UCSB Weekend Series

Schwanke, Anderson and Hilliard set to start this weekend with Sam out.

We are definitely gonna need our A game, especially on defense. I do not think we can survive any 2+ error efforts.

Used to get so amped for series/games like this.

The eternal unwavering WSU fan in me is still too alive to not be hoping for some sort of miracle turnaround to start this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      Used to get so amped for series/games like this.

The eternal unwavering WSU fan in me is still too alive to not be hoping for some sort of miracle turnaround to start this weekend.
      I feel it too....But alas, my brain won't get out of the way and I will probably skip it.

Comment

I'll put the O/U on WSU strikeouts at 10.5.

Comment

Overpowered a bit in the first, but not without a little bit of fight.

0-0 End 1

Comment

Schwanke has given up a couple of hits and a walk, but also has a couple of strikeouts and some routine outs.

Less fight from the Shocker hitters in the 2nd. Hilliard, Kihle and Farris strike out a lot on the season, and they are the 5-7 hitters in the lineup.

0-0 End 2nd
            Last edited by Cdizzle; March 13, 2015, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Schwanke isn't exactly pitching a perfect game, but he is making the pitches when he needs them. If you throw an error into any of those innings, the whole thing comes unraveled. Glad that hasn't happened...so far.

0-0 Mid 3rd

Comment

46 pitches so far by Schwanke. Lots of runners, but at least he's being fairly efficient.

Offense needs to wake up.

Comment

Arens with a leadoff HBP in the 3rd. Might be time to start small-balling it. Don't see the guys stringing together 5 hits in this one. Not sure why we didn't in the first.

Another HBP! BUNT BUNT BUNT BUNT BUNT

Good job, Burns! 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. Get it done!

Comment

Yay, we scored! On an infield groundout by Mucha. Good job executing!

1-0 Shox End 3rd

Comment

Just the fourth earned run given up by Tate in 31 innings this year. I'll take it.

Not gonna be much room for error in this one. Keep it rolling Schwanke.

Comment

Schwanke refuses to finish an easy inning...but so far he has also refused to cave.

1-0 Shox Mid 4

Into strikeout part of the Shox order.

Comment

Aaaaaand we have our first error. Not surprisingly UCSB has already scored and may get more.

1-2 UCSB Top 5

It was fun while it lasted. I would run on us every single time I got a runner on base. We're giving up over 80% steal percentage, and probably 50% of the throws end up in the outfield.

Comment

On the whole, a very nice outing by Schwanke. 6 innings, 2 ER, 8 hits. He did what he could to give the Shox a chance.

1-2 UCSB Bot 6

Comment

Schwanke pitches around a leadoff double and escapes the T6 unscathed.

6 IP, 8 H, 1 BB, 5 K, 2 ER on 95 pitches...probably done for the afternoon. That's a good effort, it would be a shame if he wears the loss here.

Come on hitters.

Comment

Working...
                              X