No announcement yet.

Coaches Show (3/9/15)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know how many players on the roster may be red-shirting? There are about 10 that have no stats yet this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      Does anyone know how many players on the roster may be red-shirting? There are about 10 that have no stats yet this year.
      37 players listed on the roster. I believe that you can only have an active roster of 35 players which has to be set prior to the 1st game of the season. So 2 of those 10 players on not on the roster.

Cody Tyler is one of them as he is sitting out this year recovering from arm surgery. I am not sure who the other one is. Brandon Kimbrel is already a redshirt junior and won't be redshirting again although I suppose if he is also injured he could apply for a hardship waiver if he wants to play 2 more years which I would doubt he would do.

That leaves 8 Freshman as possible redshirts (which by definition they are until they get into a game):
      Jordan Boyer, 6-1 189 INF
      Josh DeBcker, 6-3 200 OF
      Bret Fehr, 6-3 195 OF
      Adam Theis, 6-0 180 SS/RHP
      Gunnar Troutwine, 6-2 225 C
      Alex Van Pelt, 6-4 208 1B/LHP
      Matt Whalen, 6-6 210 RHP
      Travis Young, 6-2, 210 OF

Update: Brandon Kimbrel not injured. Made his Shocker debut today with an AB against Central Arkansas. He struck out on 4 pitches.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 10, 2015, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Kimbrel got an AB in the blowout today, and fittingly, struck out.

Comment

wrong forum

Comment

Working...
          X