No announcement yet.

Now What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is a good time to remind everyone HCTB has a 7 year contract. We can speculate all we want but I bet he is here for at least 5 years. If not, we should probably look for an AD too. I would imagine ADES would have some explaining to do if he had to buy out another baseball coaches contract that quickly.

Comment

shockfan89, thanks for the information. I was not aware it was a 7 year contract. In that case, I would say he probably gets the timeline you're quoting.

I sure hope he can improve the program. I do enjoy following the baseball team, but I must confess I'm a sunshine fan (follow them closer when they're doing well than not), mostly because I don't live in Wichita and outside of the (I'm not sure I have this correct ) College Baseball News, it's hard to get any information on the Shox down here.

Comment

Actually I think it was 1972Shocker that deserves the credit for remembering it was a 7 year deal. I was just reminding everyone in this thread. :)

Comment

I just want everyone who wanted gene gone to wallow in this for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
            I just want everyone who wanted gene gone to wallow in this for a few years.
            Fair enough. Have we suffered long enough yet? I am in the camp that didn't believe Gene's job performance warranted him being fired, but I still want to win and can't stand much more of this. I am thinking about going to check out some Wingnuts games to regain my sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
              Fair enough. Have we suffered long enough yet? I am in the camp that didn't believe Gene's job performance warranted him being fired, but I still want to win and can't stand much more of this. I am thinking about going to check out some Wingnuts games to regain my sanity.
              MLB will be starting soon...

Comment

The struggles of this team do nothing to lessen the fact that Gene needed to go. Gene made it ugly because Gene is only about Gene.
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

anybody got a link to Butler contract. It was public information, but not finding it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                    MLB will be starting soon...
                    Go Giants!
                    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                      The struggles of this team do nothing to lessen the fact that Gene needed to go. Gene made it ugly because Gene is only about Gene.
                      DUShock - I will respectfully disagree with that on a couple points. The knocks on Gene were that he was no longer getting as good of players, the game had passed him by, and he had lost some of the fire. In that respect, the struggles of this team are very relevant. Everyone thought if we got a good, younger coach, they would come in and restore things back to the way they were and in reality things have plummeted to an all time low.

I'm not saying the HCTB can't turn things around, but I think everyone has to reconsider what they thought about Gene's teams the past few years. The talent level seemed to be better before he left (even factoring in the #2 recruiting class in the country), the younger staff isn't "relating" better to the players (or at least the end product doesn't show that), the baseball IQ and fundamentals have gotten worse, even the pitching staff appears to have dropped off considerably and BK is still here.

Disclaimer: This is all based on the performance on the field. I have no idea how much other factors weighed in the decision but I believe most of those issues were several years in the past by the time Gene was let go.

Comment

Working...
                      X