No announcement yet.

Shox vs. Texas State - Game 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7-5 TSU on an RBI FC by Kihle. Tinkham up with runners at the corners, 2 out.

Comment

Still 7-5 to B9. Taylor Goshen looked a little better than last weekend in the top half, striking out two and holding TSU scoreless. He did give up 3 hits but escaped thanks to a pickoff.

Rally time, Shocks.

Comment

Shocks give an 0-5-1 team their first win with a 7-5 victory. Shocks take the series 2-1 and fall to 3-3 for the season.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
          Rally time, Shocks.
          Nope. Final, TSU wins 7-5.

Comment

Yes I was surprised they asked for the game 2 ticket but like 1972 said, the 2nd game Friday was actually game 3...

Beautiful day but not a great game. This is a team we need to beat 10 out of 10 times. At times we looked as bad today as we looked good yesterday. I think that will be the story of the 1st half of the season with all the new players we have.

Comment

Less quotes about being drafted, more not losing to 0fer teams.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                This is a team we need to beat 10 out of 10 times.
                Just curious. How many times should #1 Vanderbilt beat Indiana State? Baseball is a weird sport. The difference between the best team and a mediocre team really is not that much, so weird games like yesterday are bound to happen. You hope that it doesn't happen often, but it will happen at some point. Lots of baseball still to be played...
                78-65

Comment

Oh I agree, just saying in general they are not a very good team. I probably should have said 5 out of 5 because in baseball 10 out of 10 is very difficult.

Maybe I was just angry after the loss? We have had games like this every year where we beat a team pretty soundly the first two games and then drop one game. It is probably not fair to say the inconsistency this weekend has anything to do with the number of new players on the team. At the very least, it is too early in the season to say that! Thanks for the reality check!

Comment

I love the game of baseball but I have to admit that I chuckle at the diehard seamheads, particular those of the MLB persuasion, who live and die on every game. You just can't do that. That's why Lutz annoys me with his Cardinals fandom. It seems like he thinks the Cardinals should go 162-0 every year. He bemoans football diehards and says that they don't have to torture themselves 162 times like baseball fans...only 16 times. I don't torture myself because I understand the ebbs and flows. Now...with a 56-game schedule (or so) in college, there is a little more urgency. WSU is 3-3 right now...still way too early to panic or, on the flip side, to make plans for Omaha. If the team is 13-13 here after the next several weeks, then there will be some concern. Let's let the sample size grow a little bit.
                    78-65

Comment

I will say I like the size of our guys. I almost forgot what a grown young man looks like in a WSU uniform. Not that you can't love the guys in our program like Hooper and others but with the way the game is now with the deadened bats it is going to take bigger guys to hit for power.

Comment

Working...
                      X