No announcement yet.

Long Beach State - Are Shocks Ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UnfortunateLy, we now have our official answer to the question posed in this thread --- NO, NEGATIVE, NOPE, NADA.........................

Comment

Our defense was excellent all weekend. The only error was made by a freshman pitcher on a play at second. We made every routine play and a good number of just plain spectacular plays, Jones catch in right and Bascue's Matt Brown impersonation on Sunday coming immediately to mind. We ran down balls in the outfield that just made you say "How did he get to that ball?"

Offensively we were spotty, but not only was Long Beach State pitching outstanding all weekend - they just kept running out great pitchers - but the strike zone was hard to get a handle on all weekend. We aren't as bad as the 35 K's to only one BB would indicate.

Our pitching was mostly pretty good. We struggled when the strike zone disappeared.

Gene won't offer any excuses and neither will the players, but it really was a tough weekend. It put a new meaning to the term home field advantage.

I think we will learn from it and become mentally tougher. In that kind of environment, you can't afford to hit with two strikes. You have to put it in play before then.

I saw nothing this weekend to cause me any great concern. Unless I see the same things this weekend and next.

Comment

Working...
      X