Single Game Only on Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Game Only on Sunday

Another change in schedule. Must have received too much snow this afternoon.

The Shocks and Fordham will now play only a single game tomorrow at 1:00 pm.

WICHITA, Kan. ? The baseball game between Wichita State and Fordham scheduled for Sun., Feb. 24 at 1 p.m. has been cancelled due to weather conditions.? The two games with Fordham will not be made up, but WSU will try to schedule two other games to fill the schedule.

Yea, there is quite a bit out there right now. I doubt it would be clear by 10am. I was wondering what playing in a white outfield would look like...

Comment

I'm surprised you guys are playing at home this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog
        I think we have 11 home games scheduled before March 15th.

Comment

Climatology wise, Wichita is almost the same as Fayetteville. Normally just a hair little cooler, but a little drier.

Climatology February 22

Fayetteville Mean Temperature: 42
          Fayetteville Max/Min: 52/30
          Fayetteville Daily Precip. Avg: 0.10"

Wichita Mean Temperature: 38
          Wichita Maximum/Min: 50/27
          Wichita Daily Precip. Avg: 0.05"

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
            Climatology wise, Wichita is almost the same as Fayetteville. Normally just a hair little cooler, but a little drier.

Climatology February 22

Fayetteville Mean Temperature: 42
            Fayetteville Max/Min: 52/30
            Fayetteville Daily Precip. Avg: 0.10"

Wichita Mean Temperature: 38
            Wichita Maximum/Min: 50/27
            Wichita Daily Precip. Avg: 0.05"
            There are a couple of factors weatherwise that might have some impact on the relative comfort levels of the two environments.

One is variability. You might have a weekend in Fayetteville where the temperature is 42, 43 and 41 on consecutive days for an average of 42.

In Wichita, we tend to have days like 30, 50 and 40 for an average of 40.

Of course, all of us who live in Kansas know the 3 most important factors in the comfort level of our winter/spring weather is the wind, the wind and the wind.

I have no statistics to back up my points. Although I have lived in Kansas for more than a few decades. Sort of like saying, I'm not a meteorologist but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Kansas the Holiday Inn Express of weather. Isn't that the meaning of Ad Astra per Aspera?

:D

Comment

Well on Friday, the temp at first pitch was 30 degrees and it steadily dropped from there. I guess we should have started on the road too, haha.

Comment

Well on Friday, the temp at first pitch was 30 degrees and it steadily dropped from there. I guess we should have started on the road too, haha.
                This time of the year, it's just roll of the dice. I've seen days in February better than day in March. It's only when you get close to May does it get consistently warm - but that warmth just brings other things.

Comment

Working...
                X