2/23 Fordham, weather updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2/23 Fordham, weather updates

Its sleeting/raining at my house right now and the radar shows nothing but the same for awhile. Anybody know anything about the status of the game?
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

You can put this one in the deep freeze.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This may be colder than the CU game last year.

I have double socks
      Double pants
      tshirt + sweat shirt + coat
      hat + hood
      gloves

and I just realized how hard it is to go pee in this getup.

Comment

That's exactly what I wore yesterday and it ended up keeping me extra warm....Probably do the same today.

Comment

Game on hold right now. Both teams are at the field but the tarp is still in place. No indication right now on how long they'll wait.

Dang, it's hard to listen to two radios at once ... err .. one radio and one computer.

Capra is actually at the field!

--'85.
          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

News from The Eck ...

Coaches have decided to wait until 4pm (2 hours) to make a final decision on playing the game today.

Shockerradio Update around 2:30.

Comment

My ticket lady told me 3. Radio and Shocker85 are better sources though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85
                Game on hold right now. Both teams are at the field but the tarp is still in place. No indication right now on how long they'll wait.

Dang, it's hard to listen to two radios at once ... err .. one radio and one computer.

Capra is actually at the field!

--'85.
                Then his surgery was a lap and he should be back in 4-6 at the latest.

Comment

"Wait until 4pm" as reported by Mike Kennedy is different than the true story. I could hear Terry and Shane discussing it after Terry's call back to the station on the web feed. Terry miscommunicated a bit to the engineer.

4pm is the drop-dead time, they could start earlier.

Big question, though, is there any chance of the weather getting any better before 4pm?

--'85.

Comment

Looks like it'll probably be a double-header tomorrow

Comment

I don't see it getting any better. If they couldn't play in the stuff earlier, it look like more of the same for the rest of the evening. Plus the temperature will likely start dropping.

Comment

tomorrow looks like a nice day for baseball though

Comment

Well I'm back at home - any word?

:(

Comment

Still don't know. The tarp is still on the field. I wouldn't plan on a game today unless the weather changes significantly. 4pm is the "drop dead" time.
                            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Mike Kennedy just reported the game is postponed. Will play a doubleheader on Sunday with 1st game at 10:00 AM

Comment

Working...
                              X