X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capra Out Indefinitely!

Bad News...Release below!

Capra Out Indefinitely

WICHITA, Kan. – Wichita State left-handed pitcher Anthony Capra is out indefinitely after undergoing an emergency appendectomy early Saturday morning, head coach Gene Stephenson announced today.

Capra, a junior preseason All-American, from Arvada, Colo., was scheduled to be the Shockers’ starter in game three against Fordham on Sun., Feb. 24.

“We’re thankful the surgery went well and there were no complications,” Stephenson said. “It’s a tough blow for all of us. He had been looking as good as any pitcher we have and we were looking forward to his start tomorrow. We are thankful he’s going to be healthy and we look forward to when he is able to take the mound again.”

Redshirt freshman Tim Kelley, a right-hander from Tulsa, Okla., will start in game three in place of Capra.

-Wichita State-

Awesome guy I had in my speech class, along with Conor. Hope he gets better.

Comment

This is tough news for Anthony. Rehab from an appendectomy will set him back a few weeks as it can really drain you physically. Hopefully, the surgery went well and there won't be any complications. It isn't a usually particularly risky or difficult procedure, but there can be issues with infection.

I'm sure the training/medical staff will monitor him closely and when he's all healed up I'd expect him to bounce right back.

Take is easy, A, and listen to the docs!

--'85.
      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Darn vestigial organs. Who needs em anyway.

Comment

Well that is no good.

With luck, he should be 100% by Valley time.

Comment

I wonder if he had the laproscopic procedue which involves minor incisions or if he had an open procedure.

The former probably would allow a quicker return to action, but either way he is probabaly out at least 3 - 4 weeks I would think to give everything a chance to heal properly.

Best wishes to Anthony for a quick recovery.

On the bright side it give us a chance to develop the depth of the pitching staff which hopefully should only make us better once Anthony returns to his spot in the rotation.

Comment

At least it was earlier and not later.

Comment

Spahn and Sain and pray for rain.

OK ... not quite that bad ... but we've gotta have somebody step up on the weekend now. Let's hope Tim Kelley is the answer right outta the gate.

GO SHOX!
                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Hopefully, the luck of the basketball team isn't going to start rubbing off on the baseball team.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                    Hopefully, the luck of the basketball team isn't going to start rubbing off on the baseball team.
                    Don't even think it. Well, I admit I was thinking it, just didn't want to say it.

I am looking forward to seeing who, if anyone, will step up for the Shocks.

:goshocks:

Comment

who are the best bets to step up?and it does seem to be good that it is early, instead of later...

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali
                        who are the best bets to step up?and it does seem to be good that it is early, instead of later...
                        Freshman Cameron Maldonado will likely step into the 3-man weekend rotation.

Comment

Tim Kelley is expected to be the #3 starter.

According to Shane Dennis, Anthony Capra isn't expected to be out for very long. "A week or two" was what I heard. He was at the Eck this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                            I wonder if he had the laproscopic procedue which involves minor incisions or if he had an open procedure.

The former probably would allow a quicker return to action, but either way he is probabaly out at least 3 - 4 weeks I would think to give everything a chance to heal properly.

Best wishes to Anthony for a quick recovery.

On the bright side it give us a chance to develop the depth of the pitching staff which hopefully should only make us better once Anthony returns to his spot in the rotation.
                            If he was out there today, it was a lap.

Comment

Working...
                            X