Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor Gillaspie is killing it this season

This deserves its own thread.

.320 avg, 3 HR (has homered in back to back games and all three jacks have come in July), .835 OPS through 66 games and 247 AB

My question is how does someone qualify for the all-star game. On mlb.com it says he doesnt.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_baseball View Post
      My question is how does someone qualify for the all-star game. On mlb.com it says he doesnt.
      To qualify as a corner infielder, you must be 6'4'' and weigh 250 lbs. Conor is 5'10'' and 120 lbs, but swings the stick like a man!

I hope I don't have to say that was sarcastic, but I'll go ahead and do it anyway.

Comment

.326 AVG, 4 HR, 35 RBI, .861 OPS through 70 games and 258 ABs for Conor at the All Star break. All four home runs have come in July, so it appears he has regained his power stroke.

Keep it rolling in the second half, Conor!

Comment

Conor has slowed down a little but is still having a fantastic year.

Through 93 games and 342 ABs: .313 AVG, 4 HR, 41 RBI, .809 OPS, 2.7 WAR

I might be missing someone but I don't think a Shocker has hit .300+ as a full-season regular in the big leagues since Joe Carter in 1986. Hopefully Conor keeps up the great work.

Comment

Hitting above .300 today is much more impressive than it was just a few years ago. .285 is the new .300.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              Hitting above .300 today is much more impressive than it was just a few years ago. .285 is the new .300.
              Or 0.265.

See Royals. (Just a littl joke.)
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

May want to start a new thread on this. Tweet from Sullie

@PaulS:uellentrop: Mike Sirianni, former Newman assistant, is Wichita State's new volunteer baseball coach. He played at Creighton and Arkansas State
                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post

@PaulS:uellentrop: Mike Sirianni, former Newman assistant, is Wichita State's new volunteer baseball coach. He played at Creighton and Arkansas State
                  My god, how far the program has fallen when they bring anyone on staff that played at Creighton.

R.I.P. Shocker baseball
                  An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post

Mike was one of my coaches at Newman. Really good guy, and very passionate about the game. He brings some fire and I hope that passion rubs off on the players.

Comment

Conor stands at 7th in the AL batting crown race at .311 (note that he has reached the qualifying minimum plate appearances threshold after last night's game).

Comment

Same ole Smiley ....

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                            Bump
                            batting 0.195 this season?

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                              batting 0.195 this season?
                              Ha! Was thinking the same thing.

Kudos to him though driving in those 2-runs for the White Sox though.
                              The Assman

Comment

Working...
                              X