Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
    Maybe...

Even a terrific junior season from Rader would simply mean replacing Casey this year, so not sure how that means better offense as a team. Hopefully several new guys can step up, Khile keeps improving, and Mucha, Dearman have great junior seasons.
    100% on target. It is probably too much to ask for Chase Rader to match Casey's 2014 numbers and, as you point out, even if he does we need a bunch of other guys to step up their production to improve the offense.

Still it's nice to have Chase on board as a key piece of next year's puzzle. If he does come close to Casey's numbers all the better. I will say his base stealing numbers have me intrigued.

Would love to see Chase have a good enough year next year to move into a top 10 round draft pick.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Still it's nice to have Chase on board .
      Of course it is, very glad he is coming, thought for sure he would sign with Detroit. Hopefully he has a fantastic year, but some players take a year to adjust, Springer and Dirks come to mind as recent great JUCO's who took a season to really come on, however others don't need a year to adjust. Hope he has a fantastic year that helps WSU and in return helps him improve his draft stock significantly next year.

Comment

Rader has a pretty unusual combination of size and speed -- we haven't seen too many Shockers like that in recent years.

If he's good enough to get snatched away, that will probably mean he's done something noteworthy; if not, let's hope he keeps his wits about him and doesn't just jump to be jumping. The guy mentioned earlier in this thread, Andy Dirks, went from being good and useful as a junior to outstanding as a senior, and despite his "lack of leverage" caused by being a senior found his way to the majors in just a few years. I'd be perfectly satisfied if Rader simply follows in the footsteps of Dirks.

Comment

Working...
        X