CWS Champs 25 years ago today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr_baseball View Post
    If someone has a copy I would like to convert it to digital. I dont understand why the school hasn't put out a commerative dvd. Its understandable that the quality wont be the greatest. Would be nice to make it available to the younger generation or even those that were young kids like me.
    Here it is! I believe the seller is @DaShox:; I'm not sure if he's still a forum member? I believe he took a lot of abuse for 'allegedly' pirating WSU videos. Sorry, my memory isn't the best.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Thanks for the hard work! Sadly its a 30 minute highlight dvd of season. I wil still prolly buy it though. Someone has to have a game tape. I will find it.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        Here it is! I believe the seller is @DaShox; I'm not sure if he's still a forum member? I believe he took a lot of abuse for 'allegedly' pirating WSU videos. Sorry, my memory isn't the best.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WICHITA-STAT...item233bb239cf
        I think @mr_baseball was looking for a video of the complete championship game. This video is only 30 minutes long and only contains some highlights of that game among other things.

Comment

My guess is the NCAA has the rights to the videos of the games in the CWS. You might call the baseball office at Wichita State and see what they can tell you about the availability of that game on video.

Comment

I sent a message to their twitter page. They have helped me with other things before. We will see what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              I think @mr_baseball was looking for a video of the complete championship game. This video is only 30 minutes long and only contains some highlights of that game among other things.
              Yes, I realize that (I should have made that clearer in my post); I've looked before and have never found the complete game. If @DaShox: has enough clips for a dvd, maybe he has the entire game in his archives?
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

"When" i find a copy I will be sure to let you know. @WstateU:

Comment

FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After some digging and help from someone at the school, I finally found the 1989 CWS Championship game. All you have to do is go to www.T3media.com.Send them a message and they will get back to you. They told me they dont normally do dvd's, but they could with a little work. The bad thing is that it costs 150 BUCKS!!!! So basically I'm back to square one. I would become the first death by dvd if i bought it thanks to my wife. If anyone wants to buy it and donate it to me i would love it. ;). Anyways its out there if you can afford it. -later-
                  Last edited by mr_baseball; June 16, 2014, 02:53 PM.

Comment

As I've said before, I'm an Alabama football fan, so I've had some experience with national championships, and they're always exciting and satisfying. I've also had good luck with some of my pro sports loyalties, as I root for the Cardinals in MLB and the Spurs in the NBA. But the only national championship I've ever seen in person was WSU's win over Texas in Omaha, and it was the absolute highlight of my life as a sports fan -- by far. Waaaayyy far.

Comment

I was 9 years old and watching with my family on TV.

Don't remember much of the game But I remember jumping up and down with Brummett

Good times.

Comment

Hi, mr_baseball. I am new at this forum and joined for just one specific purpose. I am moving and, of all things, today in my stuff I found an original WSU T-shirt that I bought at the WSU bookstore in 1989 right after they won the NCAA baseball championship. I lived in Newton, KS, at the time but followed the Shockers pretty closely. (I live in Arizona now.) However, I never wore and therefore never laundered the shirt, just stored it, and now I am 65 years old and really don't need it at all. It is black, size large (seems small, though, by today's standards for a large) and made by Stedman. In gold (metallic) lettering, it has "College World Series Champs WSU 1989" on the front and on the back it says "Backs to the Wall We Played Them All" in a kind of script-like font and then "1989 Missouri Valley Champions"--then seven gold stars--and then "1989 NCAA Champions." I don't know if I am breaking any rules but would consider selling this T-shirt and want to put it in the hands of a real fan like you who will treat this shirt right, mr_baseball. I see you have the hat. Anyway, I am a real person and this is a real T-shirt. Pics are available by request. Sorry if this communication offends in any way. wawalk

Comment

Check your inbox @wawalk:.

Comment

Originally posted by wawalk View Post
                            Hi, mr_baseball. I am new at this forum and joined for just one specific purpose. I am moving and, of all things, today in my stuff I found an original WSU T-shirt that I bought at the WSU bookstore in 1989 right after they won the NCAA baseball championship. I lived in Newton, KS, at the time but followed the Shockers pretty closely. (I live in Arizona now.) However, I never wore and therefore never laundered the shirt, just stored it, and now I am 65 years old and really don't need it at all. It is black, size large (seems small, though, by today's standards for a large) and made by Stedman. In gold (metallic) lettering, it has "College World Series Champs WSU 1989" on the front and on the back it says "Backs to the Wall We Played Them All" in a kind of script-like font and then "1989 Missouri Valley Champions"--then seven gold stars--and then "1989 NCAA Champions." I don't know if I am breaking any rules but would consider selling this T-shirt and want to put it in the hands of a real fan like you who will treat this shirt right, mr_baseball. I see you have the hat. Anyway, I am a real person and this is a real T-shirt. Pics are available by request. Sorry if this communication offends in any way. wawalk
                            I had this same shirt haha. The gold lettering flaked pretty easy after a few washes. Bought em at a now decent sports store in between seneca and broadway on 31st

Comment

Working...
                            X