Shox to play Texas in Austin in 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox to play Texas in Austin in 2015

In short blurb from Suellentrop the other day, HCTB and his staff have gone as far as saying (and scheduling) the baseball team will go on the road with no guarantee for a return game. As such, we'll be playing UT in Austin in April of next year with hopes of also scheduling some SEC schools (LSU, Arkansas, etc.) based on our connections there. Evidently the staff has a great relationship with Paul Mainieri at LSU.

Interesting point about the UT matchup, the two schools haven't met in the regular season since 1982. We played them in the CWS later that same year and of course multiple other times, including the title game in 1989.

This is awesome. I'm always in need of excuses to go to Austin and New Orleans.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Interesting history: WSU has never beaten Texas in the regular season, but has never lost to them in NCAA tournament play. If you have to win one or the other, the Shocks have picked the right combo.

Meanwhile, if you go to Austin a few weeks early, you could stay until the game in April and while you wait could attend South by Southwest, the big music and firm industry conference, as well as their rodeo. My family has actually been to the rodeo, which runs a couple of weeks and is like a version of the the Kansas State Fair (including the Midway / carnival rides, some of which are pretty good), but with more emphasis on livestock than farm products -- hard to rodeo with a shock of wheat or some zucchini. Maybe the bats would even be doing their nightly runs from under the bridge by that time; and depending on the timing, might the Shocker volleybabes possibly be in town for an NCAA regional?

I'm sure their convention and visitors bureau would love to have you.

Edit: Can't comment as much on LSU, as I've only driven through Baton Rouge once on the way somewhere else. but you'd have to make a side trip to get to New Orleans.
      Last edited by WSUwatcher; May 8, 2014, 10:38 AM.

Comment

I like playing Texas but I would love us to play Arkansas on a yearly basis.

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
          I like playing Texas but I would love us to play Arkansas on a yearly basis.

Me too! Butler probably wouldn't want to coach against players he recruited but hopefully in a few years we can renew this rivalry, which I think both fan bases really enjoy.

Comment

Working...
          X