No announcement yet.

Gm 49 - vs KSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting smoked by the last place team in the Big 12. I knew we were bad, but this is embarrassing bad.

Comment

Casey Gillaspie: professional hitter.
      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Holy ****!
        I just saw a 1st round draft choice literally crush a baseball!

To hit it out of the deepest part of the park against a stiff wind... wow!

THE...real...deal!

That is all.
        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
          Casey Gillaspie: professional hitter.
          Professional baseball player.

Comment

WSU Record VS Bis 12

So, have folks who are complaining about the score tonight already forgotten that WSU lost every single game Vs the Big 12 last season. This year, they won their 1st game Vs a Big-12 team, OSU, 6-4 & there have been several other games where the score was very close. Butler is coaching the team he inherited.

Comment

Originally posted by xazshox View Post
              So, have folks who are complaining about the score tonight already forgotten that WSU lost every single game Vs the Big 12 last season. This year, they won their 1st game Vs a Big-12 team, OSU, 6-4 & there have been several other games where the score was very close. Butler is coaching the team he inherited.
              Speaking of coaching..... he did a great job tonight. Apparently he was the only one in the ballpark that didn't know Gardner needed to come out. He was missing by a foot, or getting rocked. Really frustrating to watch.

Comment

Pretty bad.
                Too bad Gene wasn't at least given a farewell tour this year before his retirement. What did we gain? This team was supposed to be better than last year and instead might be the worst team in quite some time.
                Here's hoping the Gene bashers are correct and Butler brings in an upgraded recruiting class.
                Wonder how Benedict Brent is feeling now?!? He better work his ass off during the off season.

Comment

Originally posted by xazshox View Post
                  Kind of like Obama is managing the economy he inherited? Let's hope it doesn't continue.
                  WSU was supposed to be much better this year compared to last years NCAA team. Instead they're worse.

Comment

K-state is in LAST place in the big 12. K-state has been TERRIBLE on the road this year. They were just 5-19 in road games before crushing the Shockers 10-4 in Eck Stadium (they are however pretty good at home going 15-4 with 6 games left). Having looked at how poorly K-state has played on the road this year and the fact that they were just 4-12 in their last 16 games (including 6 losses in a row) and the fact that the Shockers were on a 3 game winning streak, I actually thought the Shockers had a good chance of winning tonight. I guess I was wrong.

Comment

Embarrassing.

Getting really annoying watching us get boatraced at home regularly by Big 12 teams, especially subpar Big 12 teams. Winning is becoming the abnormality now.

SB, how do our at-large chances look?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

SB, how do our at-large chances look?
                        Non-existent like any Gene team in the last half decade.

For the Butler bashers - this year is on Gene. This is his team. It shows that not only was it the firing good because Gene was a dirtbag off the field, he had quit on this program when he left for OU. He had went on WSU welfare - drawing a paycheck while doing no work.

Of course Butler will have to carry the wins and losses and the humiliation around of this season.

Comment

Gene made a top 5% coaching salary over his last five years while producing zero at-large teams. Let's cut the woe is me stuff that was played out ad nauseum last spring on here. It was time. If you disagreed, you should have either donated a boat load of money to say otherwise or convinced a few friends to come out and counteract the swan dive attendance has been taking since 2008. Paying top dollar for subpar results for perpetuity is a ridiculous suggestion.

Butler inherited a team that brought most key contributors back (positive) from the worst WSU team since the RPI started being used for college baseball (negative).

Has this year been disappointing? You bet, absolutely. Will Butler work out? I sure hope so and think he will. Would I change the decision from last spring if I could? No way. The Gene regime had embraced mediocrity and the trendline was pointed straight south in terms of performance, attendance, and revenue. He had also become an embarrassment off the field. When a situation is broke you have to try to fix it.

I'll happily roll the dice on returning to greatness 10 times out of 10 rather than embracing the Evansville basketball strategy of accepting a decades-long descent to pure ****.

Comment

You can blame the inherited talent if you want, and that might be fair (although I think a decent coach should be able to build around a Top 10 hitter and a Top 10 weekend rotation with some success). But some of the coaching decisions have been as ridiculous as some of the players' performances. WTF was Gardner still doing in the game in the 5th last night? Also, pretty sure Vielock might be the last guy I would bring in to put out a fire. He throws gasoline on fires, doesn't put them out. Give him a clean inning and he might be able to survive his 1.7 WHIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                              Don't get me wrong - this team is bad.

But a bunt when you are up 10-3 in the 8th?
                              Glad I'm not the only one that caught this.

This is the sort of thing that used to lead to a 20-2 butt-kicking the next time the teams met. I doubt we're so lucky this time.

It came after two really cheap Baltimore Chops, too. What a weak inning.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                                You can blame the inherited talent if you want, and that might be fair (although I think a decent coach should be able to build around a Top 10 hitter and a Top 10 weekend rotation with some success). But some of the coaching decisions have been as ridiculous as some of the players' performances. WTF was Gardner still doing in the game in the 5th last night? Also, pretty sure Vielock might be the last guy I would bring in to put out a fire. He throws gasoline on fires, doesn't put them out. Give him a clean inning and he might be able to survive his 1.7 WHIP.
                                There have been questionable moves this year but a lot of it comes back to this- who would you put in? We have 3 good weekend starters, and LaBrie/Vielock have been iffy but serviceable. Biechler appears to have some promise. The rest of the staff has sucked all year. Badly. We have zero depth, both on offense and defense this season.

It is easy to say a guy who sucks shouldn't be playing but this year the alternatives are even worse. The 2014 team was not dealt a strong hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X