No announcement yet.

Gm 48 - vs Bradley (3 of 3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the Shocks have a tougher row to hoe with series with DBU and at ILS than does any of the other top 5 teams except maybe Illinois State who plays at Evansville and then hosts the Shocks.

OTOH, the Shocks at least are playing teams where they can have an impact on their final standing in league play. Of course, that is sword that cuts both ways.

Obviously we need a little help to have any shot at catching Evansville. I suppose what we need is for the Shocks to sweep both DBU and ILS, which is probably a long shot, and then have ILS win 2 out of 3 from Evansville. In that scenario we also need Indiana State to lose at least 1 game to MSU or Bradley.

I guess at this point it doesn't make a lot of difference other than pride and seeding in the Valley Tournament for whatever that is worth. Not very much IMHO because no one gets a bye and most teams have a pretty decent #1 starting pitcher in their rotation.

I would just like to see our Seniors, Casey and A.J. finish their Shocker careers on a high note and perhaps create a little better feeling around the program going into next year, which could be quite challenging.

Comment

Working...
    X