Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the REAL REASON... (unbelievable)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the REAL REASON... (unbelievable)

What was the real reason for Gene being fired?

Frustrating season so far for Butler. I realize WSU has had some injuries this year, but his team was supposed to be good and an NCAA team. An easy transition for a new coach. Thus far, it has been a huge disappointment. They look TERRIBLE! APATHETIC! KU made them look like an unfunny joke.

Was Bug Eyes at the game tonight?

I'm pissed!

Come on Butler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Beat some Pokes tomorrow.
    Mean Gene needs to visit the locker-room and kick some ass like X and Antoine.

Bug Eyes... haahahahahaha

But you do bring up some valid points, Veritas.

It is only year 1, but damn, we were a preseason NCAA Tournament team. In actuality, this could be one of the worst seasons in the modern era.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I feel for our weekend rotation guys and Casey. Let Butler recruit, this is a bad hitting team in all aspects at the plate ..minus a couple guys.
      Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

I guess I had more realistic expectations for a first year coach than others. Disappointing nonetheless, Coach Butler has my respect and my backing. And as STB said, this is a bad hitting team, let Butler recruit.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Bug Eyes... haahahahahaha

But you do bring up some valid points, Veritas.

It is only year 1, but damn, we were a preseason NCAA Tournament team. In actuality, this could be one of the worst seasons in the modern era.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Krusty was scuttling the ship, perhaps even accomplishing the task. I figure that HCTB has 5 years of rebuilding before the Shocks are once again competitive at a high level.

Go Shocks!
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
              I guess I had more realistic expectations for a first year coach than others. Disappointing nonetheless, Coach Butler has my respect and my backing. And as STB said, this is a bad hitting team, let Butler recruit.
              Yeah, were essentially the same team as last year and we have not effectively replaced Albert Minnis and Brandon Peterson in the bullpen. We have no closer.

Offensively, Casey has been very good and Daniel Kihle has come to life some post injury. Dayne Parker is having a decent year for him. Other than that no one has really stepped up.

Ladwig, Elam and Tewes have been very solid in the weekend rotation. We have enough to put together about one-half of a quality team, but the supporting cast is simply just not there to get it done consistently. Heck, we haven't even been able to win consistently behind Ladwig's 1.16 ERA.

Add in the suspensions, injuries, a tough schedule and an improved Valley and this year maybe is where about what we should have expected.

Comment

Bullcrap. This team should have been an at-large team, probably a 2 seed. I see the same thing this year that's killed the program recently; complacency and a lack of accountability. When was the last time somebody got pissed? Got in a teammates face? Got reamed by a coach? Got benched for failing to execute?

This program is lost. Somebody needs to inject some passion. I would rather watch a crappy team that goes all-out than a group of complacent under-achievers.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                  Krusty was scuttling the ship, perhaps even accomplishing the task. I figure that HCTB has 5 years of rebuilding before the Shocks are once again competitive at a high level.

Go Shocks!
                  I don't know if it will take 5-years, but I agree this will not be an overnight turnaround.

We're faced with starting next year without Cale Elam for sure and, in all probability, without A.J. Ladwig and Casey Gillaspie. In addition, we will be replacing Aaron LaBrie, Foster Vielock and Drew Palmer on the pitching staff and Dayne Parker, Garrett Bayliff, Micah Green and Erik Harbutz in the lineup.

It's not like we have players sitting on the bench ready to step into these roles. Next year will be highly dependent on how the incoming recruiting class plays. In any case, it looks like we will be a very inexperienced team next year.

My expectations are pretty much tempered for the next couple of seasons. Hopefully, we will be back in full bloom by the 2017 season.

Comment

The team has been disappointing, but predictions of a 2 seed were pretty rosey.

We returned everyone from a team that finished with an RPI of 103. I expected and hoped for much more than this, but projecting us as a top 25ish team would have required a helluva leap.

Hopefully new blood and the incoming recruits right the ship. Time will tell. However, I am glad we took the risk since the trendline under the old regime pointed due south.

Better to risk failure with a new hire than embrace it by sticking with the previous one.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      Bullcrap. This team should have been an at-large team, probably a 2 seed. I see the same thing this year that's killed the program recently; complacency and a lack of accountability. When was the last time somebody got pissed? Got in a teammates face? Got reamed by a coach? Got benched for failing to execute?

This program is lost. Somebody needs to inject some passion. I would rather watch a crappy team that goes all-out than a group of complacent under-achievers.
                      I would have no problem if they replaced the entire starting lineup for tonight's OSU game. Obviously, I wouldn't expect a good outcome tonight but maybe it would bring a renewed commitment on the weekend. Then again the guys sitting might just be grateful that they got to sit back and rest.

The problem we have it's college baseball and you can't trade players or send someone down to the minors and call someone up. You are kind of stuck with what you have. I can't really say for sure that we are under-achieving as a group or not. It is possible that we are getting the max this group has to give, although little things like Foster Vielock not backing up home plate last night may indicate that's not the case. I will say I have never heard as much frustration from Mike and Shane as I have heard this year.

That 1-50 with RISP streak we went through earlier in the year was simply mind-boggling. I admit it is difficult to contemplate how something like that could happen.

Comment

If I told you your team's DH would be a light hitting, low OB%, 9 hole hitter, what would be your expectations for team hitting be for the season? Either Butler is a poor judge of offensive talent, has coached guys into a worse position, or was left with a lineup the results in a poo poo platter at DH. For the future, listen to Butler, it will be power arms, more power arms and defense. Casey will be the best hitter we see for a long, long time.

Comment

Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                          If I told you your team's DH would be a light hitting, low OB%, 9 hole hitter, what would be your expectations for team hitting be for the season? Either Butler is a poor judge of offensive talent, has coached guys into a worse position, or was left with a lineup the results in a poo poo platter at DH. For the future, listen to Butler, it will be power arms, more power arms and defense. Casey will be the best hitter we see for a long, long time.
                          If we had Harbutz and Mucha available to us perhaps our DH position would be a little stronger. But what that shows I suppose is we certainly had no room to spare with this year's lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            Bullcrap. This team should have been an at-large team, probably a 2 seed. I see the same thing this year that's killed the program recently; complacency and a lack of accountability.
                            Don't you think Butler is bringing back accountability? From what I have heard that is happening and t coach has received pushback with some player not buying in. There is going to need to be a house cleaning and a talent upgrade for things to change.

When was the last time somebody got pissed? Got in a teammates face? Got reamed by a coach? Got benched for failing to execute?
                            last weekend. The players were getting reamed by the coaches after the game according to shane. There has been some benchings, but the injuries have kind limited what you can do.

It has been lost for some time. From the comments after last weekend series It would seem the coach is tired of players playing with no passion. Hopefully he is bringing in passionate over-achievers.

Comment

A team that lacks heart is no team at all.
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X