No announcement yet.

Gm 40 - vs Mizzou (at Kaufman Stdm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that was a complete waste of 3.5 hours on a Tuesday night.

Not gonna make that mistake again.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Missouri is a garbage team, and yet we walk them all the way to a win. This team is incredibly frustrating to watch.

Comment

That was a real bummer to listen to.

Comment

The only reason to watch this Shocker team is the joy of watching Casey Gillaspie hone his craft. Terrific player. Talented and smart.

I suppose if you wanted to see a perfect example of how to beat yourself tonight was a great opportunity for that.

I thought the play that turned the game in Missouri's favor was the slow ground ball Tanner Kirk turned into a fielder's choice. After that Ray Ashford lost his composure. Aaron LaBrie never had his composure.

Vielock was OK but not great. Once we got past Casey's last at bat and were relying on Drew Palmer it was only a matter of time.

Not sure what we will do next year without Casey. Has a college team ever gone through a season without scoring a run?
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 22, 2014, 10:41 PM.

Comment

From last June story in Eagle:

Infielder Connor Goedert, a freshman from Neosho County Community College, will not attend WSU next season, Kemnitz said. He told coaches, before the firing of coach Gene Stephenson last week, that he planned to return to junior college. Pittsburgh selected Goedert, a third baseman, in the 34th round.

Update: I hope we are rerecruiting this guy. His numbers are absolutely ridiculous this year.

Comment

Made it home safe last night but so very tired

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Not sure what we will do next year without Casey. Has a college team ever gone through a season without scoring a run?
                lets hope there is some truth to rumor that Butler is a good recruiter.

Comment

If I counted correctly the Shocks are now 3-10 in 1-run games. Not exactly sure what that tells us about this year's team.

Perhaps that we are still a few bullets shy of a fully loaded weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    If I counted correctly the Shocks are now 3-10 in 1-run games. Not exactly sure what that tells us about this year's team.

Perhaps that we are still a few bullets shy of a fully loaded weapon.
                    Based on their runs scored and runs allowed they should be 26-14 instead of 21-19. So what does that say - possible options

a. They are an unlucky team, because if a few breaks and they could easily be 10-5 instead of 5-10 in 1-run games and maybe the breaks will come and all even out

b. They are not a very good offensive team (30% of their games they have scored less than 2 runs).

c. This team/program no longer understand how to play under pressure and to win, and in tight games they sometime lose their poise.

d. team is not a bunch of fighters, but lovers (as their 0-17 record when trailing after 6) - WSU has been outscored in the 9th - 19 to 6.

e. All they above.

Comment

Working...
                    X