MVC baseball tournament returning to Wichita in 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC baseball tournament returning to Wichita in 2015

Pending approval by the presidents council, the 2015 conference tournament returns to Eck Stadium for the first time since 2010. No other schools bid on the tournament, representatives from the schools with suitable facilities confirmed this week through e-mails. Schools that recently hosted likely declined to bid with the reasoning that it was WSU’s turn in the rotation.
    Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2014/04/19/341...#storylink=cpy

Thank goodness - maybe the reason I will renew season tickets next year.

Comment

I guess the implication of that is that had even one other school with suitable facilities applied, we would have not been hosting the tourney.
      The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by tgcshock View Post
        I guess the implication of that is that had even one other school with suitable facilities applied, we would have not been hosting the tourney.
        Unfortunately that seems to be the case. Today's Valley is anywhere but Wichita. WSU used to host ncaa regionals every year now the Shockers only get to host the Valley tourney when absolutely nobody else wants it.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
          Unfortunately that seems to be the case. Today's Valley is anywhere but Wichita. WSU used to host ncaa regionals every year now the Shockers only get to host the Valley tourney when absolutely nobody else wants it.
          Why is that? I would think since we have one of the nicest baseball stadiums in the country, we would get it on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
            Why is that? I would think since we have one of the nicest baseball stadiums in the country, we would get it on a regular basis.
            Because we are in the "IVC", not the "MVC".
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Because **** Doug Elgin

Comment

Working...
              X