No announcement yet.

Hooper a Wingnut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm already liking the Wingnuts a heck of a lot better than the Wranglers. I think the games will be much funner to watch, a lot more entertaining, and the fact that there will be former Shox playing on the team makes it that much better!

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
      Originally posted by KC Shox
      I'm actually disappointed in Hoop and Schermerhorn being a Wingnut. Being a Wingnut means that they have fallen down to the last rung on the ladder to the MLB. Yes, they still have an opportunity to impress some scouts, get paid for playing a game and continue to do what they love, but I'm pretty sure the odds of making it back or making it at all to the MLB is really low by playing in the independent leagues.

However. I'll be rooting them on and will be wishing them the best of luck.
      Dude you dont seem to get it. Some guys just want to enjoy and like what they do no matter what level of success they have. These guys obviously want to play ball and its not about making the big show. I dont see anything disappointing about a couple of great ballplayers that want to play ball... Only you could KC. I find it refreshing that these guys are doing what they "want" to do rather than going after what gives them the largest paycheck and stress. I'm happy to have them and I'm thrilled they are able to do what they enjoy as most arent so lucky.
      LMAO! Dude, don't try to romanticize the notion of these two guys playing in the Independent League just for the love of the game. If I wanted to feel all warm and fuzzy then I'd rent the movie. Only you would pull this card to pick a fight with me.

Just last week I listened to the KGSO broadcast interviewing Derek and he clearly stated he has aspirations to go to the 'big show'. He stated he didn't know why he hasn't got the break from a MLB club as of yet, but he will continue to work hard, improve his game and hopefully get noticed. If he didn't play in the I-League, then what in the hell do you propose Derek to do? Show his game in the YMCA fast pitch softball leagues? Derek was clearly expressed his desire to play at the top level.

In the past years, Hooper has tasted the MLB and I'd wager my home that he has gone from playing in the MLB to playing in the I-League as disappointing for him.

Quit applying your romanticism for baseball feel good stories from Field of Dreams and For Love of Game to these guys. Yes, they love baseball, yes they love to play the game, but get a clue man! These guys want to play in the MLB and I'm not saying solely based on huge paydays and publicity. Hooper and DS were bulldogs on the field, and I believe their main motivation to continue their careers in the I-Lieague is to maintain the hope of getting to the MLB to play with the best of the best.

Just because you went from manager and demoted to the mail boy at your office doesn't mean that everyone likes it.

Comment

Re: Hooper a Wingnut

Originally posted by Shox2
        I saw tonight on channel 3 that kevin hooper was going to be a wingnut. HOOOOOOOP is back in wichita, now all we need is Zach Sorenson back and the smurfs could be reunited.
        Maybe, it will the year of the HOOOOOOOP in Wichita. In addition, to Kevin being brought in by the Wingnuts, Mary Elizabeth Hooper has joined the Shocker Volleyball team as perhaps the most heralded recruit in Lambo's tenure at WSU.

Of course, we won't talk about WSU hoops this season. Maybe next season.

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
          I'm actually disappointed in Hoop and Schermerhorn being a Wingnut. Being a Wingnut means that they have fallen down to the last rung on the ladder to the MLB. Yes, they still have an opportunity to impress some scouts, get paid for playing a game and continue to do what they love, but I'm pretty sure the odds of making it back or making it at all to the MLB is really low by playing in the independent leagues.

However. I'll be rooting them on and will be wishing them the best of luck.
          Dude you dont seem to get it. Some guys just want to enjoy and like what they do no matter what level of success they have. These guys obviously want to play ball and its not about making the big show. I dont see anything disappointing about a couple of great ballplayers that want to play ball... Only you could KC. I find it refreshing that these guys are doing what they "want" to do rather than going after what gives them the largest paycheck and stress. I'm happy to have them and I'm thrilled they are able to do what they enjoy as most arent so lucky.
          LMAO! Dude, don't try to romanticize the notion of these two guys playing in the Independent League just for the love of the game. If I wanted to feel all warm and fuzzy then I'd rent the movie. Only you would pull this card to pick a fight with me.

Just last week I listened to the KGSO broadcast interviewing Derek and he clearly stated he has aspirations to go to the 'big show'. He stated he didn't know why he hasn't got the break from a MLB club as of yet, but he will continue to work hard, improve his game and hopefully get noticed. If he didn't play in the I-League, then what in the hell do you propose Derek to do? Show his game in the YMCA fast pitch softball leagues? Derek was clearly expressed his desire to play at the top level.

In the past years, Hooper has tasted the MLB and I'd wager my home that he has gone from playing in the MLB to playing in the I-League as disappointing for him.

Quit applying your romanticism for baseball feel good stories from Field of Dreams and For Love of Game to these guys. Yes, they love baseball, yes they love to play the game, but get a clue man! These guys want to play in the MLB and I'm not saying solely based on huge paydays and publicity. Hooper and DS were bulldogs on the field, and I believe their main motivation to continue their careers in the I-Lieague is to maintain the hope of getting to the MLB to play with the best of the best.

Just because you went from manager and demoted to the mail boy at your office doesn't mean that everyone likes it.
          The huge size of your small man syndrom never seizes to amaze me. You have got to be the most defensive poster on this site.

Comment

He's not typically defensive...he's more offensive.

Comment

Maybe these guys want to play MLB but the facts are that not many ever get that chance. A few years in AAA ball (like Hooper has) and you get labelled as a "good minor league" player. Get that label and you've got just as much chance jumping to MLB from the Wingnuts as you do from AAA. Basically none.

Hooper isn't an idiot. He knows how the minors work. Minor leaguers seem to get 3 or 4 years to make it to the majors. After that there's always going to be a younger player with "upside" that the parent club wants to try to develop and those guys start lining up to get shots at the majors. They're often promoted over more experienced players.

There are times when people want something they're never going to get. It's often wise to recognize when the goal becomes unachievable and move on.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
              X