Gm 30 - at ISUB (3 of 3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gm 30 - at ISUB (3 of 3)

Shockers (16-13) were swept in the Saturday DH by ISUB. A critical game for the Shox as DBU has oppened up the Valley with 5-0 start and the Shocks (2-3) can't afford to fall any further behind.

I may have predicted the wrong type of sweep.

Comment

Well if a couple of guys can manage to get hit by a pitch the next few innings, and none are erased in double play, I suppose there's a chance that Casey could bat 2 more times and perhaps get this thing into extra innings and then, who knows?

Of course, pitching and defense will have to be flawless the rest of the way.

I realize that's asking a lot.

Comment

Mike Kennedy said that Casey went up to HCTB at breakfast this morning and apologized on behalf of the team to HCTB for their lack of production at the plate.

I admire Casey taking the leadership but quite frankly the rest of the team needs to apologize to Casey for leaving him on an island as well as to the pitching staff.

Comment

One thing that Casey proves is if you are good hitter, you are a good hitter regardless of the bats used.

Comment

Here is a defining at bat for Dayne Parker. Bases loaded, 2-outs. Shocks trail 3-1.

Comment

Well you got to believe WSU luck got to change and somebody going to finally come through with two out and bases loaded.....

Comment

Struck out looking with Casey on deck. Defining indeed.

Comment

And then Casey leads off the next inning with his second home run of the game. SMH!

Comment

Casey is the freakin' man. Nobody in front, back or anywhere in the line up to protect him and he continues to mash. Get paid my son, I hope the Royals draft you.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                      Casey is the freakin' man. Nobody in front, back or anywhere in the line up to protect him and he continues to mash. Get paid my son, I hope the Royals draft you.
                      2 more days..
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                        I don't know if Casey works as hard as Conor did at getting better and staying sharp. Conor's work ethic was legendary. I was always amazed with Conor and continue to be with Casey at their ability to square-up the ball on the sweet part of the bat. As Shane said earlier, "Casey Gillaspie, professional hitter."

I don't think it is 100% about practice and hard work. They have a ton of God-given ability. Are there any other Gillaspie brothers?
                        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Shox trailing 5-3, with runners at 1 and 2 with 2 out. 3-0 count on Simpson

Comment

Error by ISUB on routine ground ball......5-4 Shox. Casey at 3rd, Simpson at first. Bayliff Up to bat!

Comment

according to Shane WSU has never been swept in TH....until today. Shox lose 5-4.

Comment

Working...
                              X