Valley's solid baseball ranking should help Shockers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valley's solid baseball ranking should help Shockers

If you spent basketball season envying Creighton’s membership in the Big East, baseball is your turn to feel good about the Missouri Valley Conference.

With seven weeks until NCAA regionals are announced, the MVC is sixth nationally in warrennolan.com’s power ranking (RPI) of the 32 conferences. On Wednesday, it passed the Big West for fifth before sliding back after a 7-4 mid-week record. Four Valley schools are in the top 50, six in the top 100 and none rank below 200.

The Big East is No. 16 with no top 50 teams and two ranking below 250. Enjoy your trip to Philadelphia, Bluejays — the Shockers are busy playing games with a little more relevance.
    Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2014/04/03/338...#storylink=cpy

Classic!
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I guess the question...was Creighton dragging baseball in the MVC down? Cue up JH4P on three, two, one......

Comment

Wow! Paul is writing with a little edge to his articles.

Comment

could the MVC get 3 teams in (ISUR, ISUB and DBU) and not WSU?

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            could the MVC get 3 teams in (ISUR, ISUB and DBU) and not WSU?
            Of course it is possible, but don't you think writing off the Shox already is very premature? They have played exactly 3 conference games.
            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
              Of course it is possible, but don't you think writing off the Shox already is very premature? They have played exactly 3 conference games.
              Well for wsu and ISUB - this weekend may be a decisive point for each program. Probably it is more important for ISUB since they can't afford to lose another series. If wsu could come in and win or even sweep this series it would would be a lift (at least in my confidence) but maybe in theirs and maybe u can start penciling in wsu instead of ISUB.

Comment

SB I have them in in Ink.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  SB I have them in in Ink.
                  Of course watch this one bite me on the butt.:)

Comment

Can you imagine riding a bus for away games in the NBE when you are located in BFE Nebraska, and the geographic center of your league is probably somewhere around eastern WV or western MD? It would be enough to make you lose all love for your sport.

Comment

I imagine they are flying. It's only a 7-team league in baseball so there are only 3 road trips a year in league play.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        I imagine they are flying. It's only a 7-team league in baseball so there are only 3 road trips a year in league play.
                        You're probably right.

Do the other baseball-playing members of the NBE have fields with lights?

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                          sCUm is not very good, so they fit right into the big east, in fact they are a middle of the pack type team.

Comment

Working...
                          X