Gm 27 - at KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gm 27 - at KU

WSU (16-10) travels to KU after the big series win against CSF. KU (18-10) has an RPI of 57. They were ranked 18th in Collegiate Baseball pool a couple weeks ago, since then they have struggled some. Lost 2 of 3 against OU this weekend.

Overall KU is hitting 0.297/0.397/0.403 with 11 HR in 28 games (WSU 0.294/0.371/0.415 with 14 HR in 26)

Pitching KU is 3.17 ERA with a WHIP of 1.20 (WSU is 2.72 ERA with a WHIP of 1.22)

You would think the programs are twins...

We are Arnold, the flagship is Danny.

Comment

Time to start a win streak. I don't know if the team realizes how much good they can do for turning the program around back to prominence by starting a win streak coming out of the series win over CSF. An 8-10 game win streak vaults WSU into the Top 25 and very solid at-large position.

Plus, I really miss win streaks.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        WSU (16-10) travels to KU after the big series win against CSF. KU (18-10) has an RPI of 57. They were ranked 18th in Collegiate Baseball pool a couple weeks ago, since then they have struggled some. Lost 2 of 3 against OU this weekend.

Overall KU is hitting 0.297/0.397/0.403 with 11 HR in 28 games (WSU 0.294/0.371/0.415 with 14 HR in 26)

Pitching KU is 3.17 ERA with a WHIP of 1.20 (WSU is 2.72 ERA with a WHIP of 1.22)

You would think the programs are twins...
        The similarities extend to the overall record in KU's Price era, WSU holds a 22 and 21 record against the Hawks during his tenure. Which by the way is sickening.

Comment

The game is on Cox KS22 at 6 tonight.

Comment

Drew Palmer getting the start tonight. Interesting that Butler is putting Gardner and Brummett on the backburner, I like it. For now.

Comment

Better beat these punks. The KU players sounded mighty confident and smug about this game in the student news paper. Basically trashing Cale Elam's numbers because of playing poor competition.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Like Fullerton isn't on these jabronies level.SMH.

Comment

I swear this team is brain dead - how do you fall a sleep at second so that a pitcher picks you off when he is not even trying........

Comment

I am not in practice everyday. But I have wondered why Zimmerman has not gotten a chance in the DH spot. The ball seems to come off his bat pretty well.

Also, Micah Green is officially the worst baserunner in the history of baseball.

Will Baez:: Defense Micah Green::Baserunning

Comment

Hope they brought the bats.

Comment

Green is the worst base runner I have ever seen at this level.

Comment

I lack of talent, outside of Casey G. and a few pitchers, is tough enough to swallow but you can't do much about that. You either have it, or you don't. But the lack of baseball IQ we exhibit somewhat consistently is hard to stomach.

Comment

Well,Palmer left the door for Brummett and Gardner to take the mid week spot back.

Comment

Productive outs at least in the 4th from Simpson and Green to produce a 2nd run, although we almost screwed that up with another baserunning (coaching?) faux pas.

Shocks trail 2-4 heading into the bottom of the 4th.

Comment

Working...
                              X