Gm 24 - vs CSF (1 of 3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gm 24 - vs CSF (1 of 3)

14-9 Shockers host No. 9 Cal State Fullerton (13-8). Common opponent is LBS which WSU split with them and CSF took 2 of 3 from them. CSF RPI is 35 and their SOS is 28. They are 4-0 vs Top 50, but 5-6 versus 51-100. WSU is 4-6 versus Top 100 competition. CSF is also 4-4 on the road.

As a team they are batting 0.248 with a OBP of 0.356 and SLG of 0.326. CSF strength is their pitching with 2.09 ERA and WHIP of 0.93. Should be relative low scoring games (unless there is charity) and every opportunity must be maximized becasuse there won't likely be many.

This is big series that could really help WSU at-large chances if they could win it.
    Last edited by SB Shock; March 26, 2014, 05:46 PM.

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

This is big series that could really help WSU at-large chances if they could win it.
    Ha, at large chances, thats a good one. I don't care what their RPI is, they won't win enough for an at large. This teams only hope is to win enough Valley series 2-1 in order to have descent seeding at the Valley tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      14-9 Shockers host No. 9 Cal State Fullerton (13-8). Common opponent is LBS which WSU split with them and CSF took 2 of 3 from them. CSF RPI is 35 and their SOS is 28. They are 4-0 vs Top 50, but 5-6 versus 51-100. WSU is 4-6 versus Top 100 competition. CSF is also 4-4 on the road.

As a team they are batting 0.248 with a OBP of 0.356 and SLG of 0.326. CSF strength is their pitching with 2.09 ERA and WHIP of 0.93. Should be relative low scoring games (unless there is charity) and every opportunity must be maximized becasuse there won't likely be many.

Didn't you say you had lost hope for the program in the Nebraska thread, SB? And now you still think they're an at-large caliber team or have the potential to be?

Which is it?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Didn't you say you had lost hope for the program in the Nebraska thread, SB? And now you still think they're an at-large caliber team or have the potential to be?

Which is it?
        Actually I think I said I don't see much to get excited about with this team and that I hoped things got better when Butler got his own people in.

Right now they are not an at-large caliber team with a RPI of 60. But with 30ish games remaining doesn't mean they can't (at least mathmatically) become an at-large team if they win some series like the CSF. But at some point to do that they actually have to start playing consistently good baseball. I hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Which is it?
          Yeah! Yeah! Which is it, you flip flopper?
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

50 cent hot dogs tomorrow night. If you need a reason to get out to Eck...

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
              50 cent hot dogs tomorrow night. If you need a reason to get out to Eck...
              I've done some crazy things for 50 cent hot dogs...

Comment

Thomas Eshelman on the mound for CSF tonight.

Has gone 9 innings in each of his last 3 starts and has a 1.4 ERA. Only given up one walk in 49 innings. Tall task tonight.

Comment

$.50 hot dog night on a Friday night in lent :/
                  They better have the wifi fixed tonight.

Comment

Why can shockervision show the score for the baseball game but not for the basketball game?

Comment

3-1 CSF in the 9th

Comment

With 2 outs Wes Phillips commits and error 4-1 CSF. Now a basesloaded walk, 5-1 CSF

BTW, I turn the radio on and first thing I hear is Shane Dennis saying CSF have out executed the Shox.

Bullpen fail, hitting fail, fielding fail. Ladwig is the only bright spot with 7 IP with 2 R.

Comment

Lost the game and 2 players to injury.Not a good start.

Comment

Who got hurt tonight?

Comment

Bayliff and Harbutz.

Comment

Working...
                              X