Opening Day Weather Forecast:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday forecast from weather.com:

Cloudy skies early, followed by partial clearing. High 38F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of Precip: 20%
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I hate to be a fair weather fan but I will only consider going this Sunday. Those other two days would be pretty unbearable. Even so, I will listen at home attentively.
      Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth007
        I hate to be a fair weather fan but I will only consider going this Sunday. Those other two days would be pretty unbearable. Even so, I will listen at home attentively.
        I believe it's ok to be a fair weather fan when you're actually referring to the weather. Personally, I hate the cold with an immense passion.
        -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I predict baseball will not be played tomorrow.. :cry:

well, at least not in Wichita..
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Drove by The Eck at lunch time and they were changing lightbulbs or doing some sort of maintenance on the light standards. Not an expecially good day for that job, but they're getting ready.

35 or 40 degrees by itself might be playable conditions, but now with a coating of ice and sleet on everything, can the field be made playable by tomorrow afternoon?

--'85.
            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85
              35 or 40 degrees by itself might be playable conditions, but now with a coating of ice and sleet on everything, can the field be made playable by tomorrow afternoon?

--'85.
              Water itself can drain and evaporate and be more easily remedied. Ice, on the other hand, cannot be removed. Seeing how the high is only expected into the mid 30's tomorrow, I'd almost be the bank that there won't be baseball tomorrow. Look for a Saturday opening day double-dip.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                Seeing how the high is only expected into the mid 30's tomorrow, I'd almost be the bank that there won't be baseball tomorrow. Look for a Saturday opening day double-dip.
                I wouldn't be the bank on that. Gene will have the players out overnight with blow dryers thawing the field out.

Comment

I give it a 90% chance we play tomorrow....and you can take that to the bank!

Comment

I give it 100% that we play tomorrow. But it'll be very cold.
                    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

A double dip on Saturday would be O K with me I can wait one more day.
                      First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by shock10
                        A double dip on Saturday would be O K with me I can wait one more day.
                        Problem is Saturday is not looking much better than Friday. If it's possible to play Friday - it will happen. Key will be how much snow we get tonight.

Updated Forecast for the Weekend:

Friday: Mostly Sunny, High 40
                        Sat: 40% chance of Rain/snow, High 39
                        Sun: Mostly Sunny, High 58

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                          Originally posted by ShockerFever
                          Seeing how the high is only expected into the mid 30's tomorrow, I'd almost be the bank that there won't be baseball tomorrow. Look for a Saturday opening day double-dip.
                          I wouldn't be the bank on that. Gene will have the players out overnight with blow dryers thawing the field out.
                          Ok, I won't be the bank, I'll just be the farm.

Hope we play though!
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Is the game on for today?...

Comment

Originally posted by DPruett2333
                              Is the game on for today?...
                              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

They should play today, no problem. Tomorrow is definitely iffy. Sunday would be a good double dip day. Could draw a good crowd too.

On another note: When was the last time that the Shox actually played their home opener with a 0-0 record?

Comment

Working...
                                X