Rivals.com Player Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CharlieHog
    It's college baseball. Nobody can see every team, the only thing anybody can go by is stats. Which means good offensive players are going to get put ahead of good defensive players.
    Which is also why the second winningest coach should be on that list (if you're going by stats).

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
      It's college baseball. Nobody can see every team, the only thing anybody can go by is stats. Which means good offensive players are going to get put ahead of good defensive players.
      Which is also why the second winningest coach should be on that list (if you're going by stats).

So go over to their message board and present your case. Kendall will probably give you his reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
        True but defensive stats are kept as well. Defense is second only to being able to call a good game and handle pitchers. I know catcher is considered a power position and its expected that you hit for some power but its the least important part of thier games. The fact that Gene actaully allows his catchers to call and control a game and pitcher makes them so much better at the next level. Not many schools let their catchers call games anymore and gene is one of the few. No wonder so many of genes backdrops "make it".

Have you looked at the defensive stats for the players listed? I haven't, I'm just curious if you have. Also a lot of people think somebody on their team is the best defensive player in the country. That's because you see them every game making good plays. Other players make good plays too.

Baseball isn't like football or basketball where you can watch highlights every night on ESPN.

Comment

I agree, if we have a problem with our national perception on rivals, we should argue the case on rivals, at least we would find out why people think what they think, it would be interesting.
          THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

Originally posted by William
            I agree, if we have a problem with our national perception on rivals, we should argue the case on rivals, at least we would find out why people think what they think, it would be interesting.
            Rivals is one guy sitting in his basement in blue pajamas.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
              Originally posted by William
              Rivals is one guy sitting in his basement in blue pajamas.

are you standing outside his window?!

haha

Comment

ok I see, looks like we are all gonna stay on the porch while they slap J.J. clamdip around over there.
                THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

Working...
                X