Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yikes. Anyone want to chime in on how this will affect the season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yikes. Anyone want to chime in on how this will affect the season?

Eight Wichita State University baseball players will serve suspensions for receipt of improper benefits - http://www.kwch.com/sports/ncaa-makes-decision-regarding-wsu-baseball/24489036

It won't. It will be taken care of early.

Comment

I won't say it won't have an impact on the season, but I'm a little relieved. The fact that they accepted WSU's self-imposed penalty, is a good sign.

Comment

Cool, I'm honestly not super baseball savvy. Not sure how big a roadblock this is for WSU, which is looking real strong.

Comment

Not new news here, Caleb, and actually not nearly as bad as some had feared. The lengths were as WSU requested, and the number of players wasn't as high as it could have been. Tyler Baker may finish his suspension this weekend, and with five pitchers included the impact is minimized because they get to count all games, even though they wouldn't necessarily appear anyway (especially the starters -- they may miss one start).

This was actually pretty good news the way it worked out, and shouldn't be much of a problem if any.

Comment

Originally posted by Caleb Wilson View Post
            Cool, I'm honestly not super baseball savvy. Not sure how big a roadblock this is for WSU, which is looking real strong.
            There are only like 3 threads on this already that discusses this. There was a lot of worry of what this might have meant but as It turns out the NCAA rewarded coach butler for under covering and self reporting and proposing it own punishments. If I heard right the NCAA actually cut the penalty in half and gave coach butler the flexibility to stagger the suspensions. This pretty much minimizes the effects.

For instance baker suspension will be over this weekend in an opponent where they shouldn't miss his bat. Elam got the start and will sit the next 6 games so he really miss 0-1 starts depending on what game he would come back to pitch in.

Comment

Working...
            X