Gene Stepheson - 2014 College Baseball Hall of Fame Inductee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gene Stepheson - 2014 College Baseball Hall of Fame Inductee

Contratulations to Coach Gene Stephenson on his election to the College Baseball Hall of Fame - Class of 2014.

LUBBOCK, Texas ? Former Wichita State baseball head coach Gene Stephenson will be a part of the 2014 College Baseball Hall of Fame induction class.

More than well deserved and hard earned.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 11, 2014, 02:01 PM.

Fantastic.

Shox need to name the stadium and field after Gene too...

Comment

Did anyone catch the baseball special on either KAKE or KWCH the other night? Maybe it wasn't a special, but just a segment within the broadcast. Either way, I'd be interested in seeing that if someone knows what it was called. And yes, I know there was also a basketball one on KWCH, so I'm not imagining things.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
        Fantastic.

Shox need to name the stadium and field after Gene too...
        You don't really need to rename the stadium, field or practice facility. Just name those facilities as a group the Gene Stephenson Baseball Complex. Not sure about the legalities and politics of renaming Mike Oatman Drive but I would like to see that named Gene Stephenson Way.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 11, 2014, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Does this mean that Gene is done coaching?

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            Does this mean that Gene is done coaching?
            I don't think this honor preclude him from coaching again assuming he wants to and he can find a suitable opportunity. The latter being largely out of his control.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              You don't really need to rename the stadium, field or practice facility. Just name those facilities as a group the Gene Stephenson Baseball Complex. Not sure about the legalities and politics of renaming Mike Oatman Drive but I would like to see that named Gene Stephenson Way.
              Agree.... Hope to see this a reality.

Comment

I'm still waiting to see what sanctions the NCAA hands down to the program. If it is something more drastic than the suspension rumored in the news, then it may be more difficult to do anything as his name may be "mud".

Comment

I don't know if it could be worse than the guy the stadium is named after.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                    I'm still waiting to see what sanctions the NCAA hands down to the program. If it is something more drastic than the suspension rumored in the news, then it may be more difficult to do anything as his name may be "mud".
                    .... or, if it largely involves pitchers and Gene has already lost his job, perhaps Kemnitz should be held accountable.
                    From what I've heard it should be largely settled without much penalty though some of the players are going to have to reimburse.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      I don't know if it could be worse than the guy the stadium is named after.
                      Hey what is wrong with a slimy scuzzy car dealer?

They just want to save you some money and bang your daughter.
                      An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                        .... or, if it largely involves pitchers and Gene has already lost his job, perhaps Kemnitz should be held accountable.
                        From what I've heard it should be largely settled without much penalty though some of the players are going to have to reimburse.
                        11 players will have to set out between 6 to 18 games if the NCAA accepts the WSU self-imposed penalties.

Comment

Naming the baseball stadium or complex after Gene has been discussed on this board for over10 years.

Comment

Working...
                          X