Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Freshman/Xfer are you expecting the most from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Freshman/Xfer are you expecting the most from?

It looks like most of the freshman/xfer's that will make the most impact early on will be pitchers, not to many open spots for position players, but we could be surprised. I look for the two Juco guys Hoch and Fleming to be big out of the pen and Maldonado also. Another guy I am interested in is RS Freshman Tim Kelley, hopefully he can be a guy that steps up and gives some quality innings. I saw a thread on the basketball board about which recruit you are most looking forward to, so I thought I would start one about which freshman you are looking forward to see play. RESPOND TO ME!!!!!!!!!!
    THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

We really need some quality innings out of the pen from the freshman and transfers this year. Hopefully about 3-4 of them can make a huge impact.

Comment

I expect some of the Fr or transfer pitchers will get a look as mid-week starters. With Hutson on the shelf, Capra now a solid weekend guy, and Womack as a candidate for long-relief or closer, there's plenty of opportunities for the youngsters to get mid-week starts. Matt Smith will probably get a shot at the mid-week (as will Tyson Fugett and Kohl Nanney if their arms bounce back OK), but I'm betting a few new guys will, too. It seems like there's always a frosh that impresses mid-week.

The schedule has 5 games per week starting in mid-March, so there will be lots of chances. I don't really know much about any of the new guys, but expect to know something soon. Baptism by fire, baby.

--'85.
      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Last fall I thought Kyle Sisney look real good there just not much room as a middle infielder also Clint Maune as Lefty out of the pen is some thing we need I hope he can give us some good innings Cameron Maldonado look like a mid week starter Kevin Hall is another player Iliked just not much room in the outfield. I just hope when they get there chance the make good. I mean all the new guys
        First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Working...
        X