Stats you would like to see this season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SB Shock,

Out of curiosity, what's the biggest single season OPS jump in the new bat era? How about in runs per game? I'm guessing it has to be 2003 to 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by 7hottamales
      SB Shock,

Out of curiosity, what's the biggest single season OPS jump in the new bat era? How about in runs per game? I'm guessing it has to be 2003 to 2004.
      2004 was the biggest OPS increase from 0.794 (2003) to 0.919 (2004). RPG from 2003 to 2004 increased +1.6.

The biggest RPG increase came in 1998 when +2.6 RPG on a OPS increase from 0.947 to 1.025.

What interesting is there is pretty good correlation between OBP and Runs Scored (no brainer really)

Then there is also a pretty good correlation between between slugging percentage and on-base percentage changes. The question does OBP drive Slugging or vice versa?

My theory is the better hitter you have, the more patient at the plate they are, the more walks you get, more runners you have on base makes it harder to pitch around.

Vice versa, the better hitter you have, more than likely your going to have more power, the more power you have, the more respect the opposing pitcher, this leads to more walks....

But unfortunately the trend for WSU has become more volatile on the offensive trends. There is not the consistency that you would find on the pitching side of things.

On the plus side, WSU should be due for up tick on the offensive side.

Comment

CWS Appearances = 1.

Comment

2008 CWS Champions
          Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
          Students > Alumni
          If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
          The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

How about pitching stats?

Think Shafer can keep his era under 1?
            Or zero losses?

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
              How about pitching stats?

Think Shafer can keep his era under 1?
              Or zero losses?
              ....No, unless he throws 1 inning and does not throw the rest of the year

Comment

Shafer is capable of a great year. I hope he stays healthy. Who knows what kind of stats he would have accumulated last season if he would have pitched the same innings as Musgrave and Banwart.

I wouldn't expect an era under 1, or zero losses; but 12 wins and an era under 2 is certainly a possibility. The thing I really like about Aaron is he tends to get better towards the end of the season.

Comment

Working...
                X