Season Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season Predictions

It's almost time for Shocker baseball!I don't think we have a team that gets out of a regional this year but I do think Coach Butler has a strong squad with alot of experience.With a tough schedule I think we win 34 regular season games and win the valley tournament and get a 3 seed in a regional.Any predictions on how this season will go?

Not sure, but probably would like to see what kind of suspensions we are looking at from UnderArmourGate before opining.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Not sure, but probably would like to see what kind of suspensions we are looking at from UnderArmourGate before opining.
      I was thinking the same also. Depending on how those suspension roll out could effect how WSU does in non-conference. WSU going to either build their at-large resume in non-conference or not. The MVC is not going to help much except maybe dallas-baptist.

Comment

You normally have a pretty good feel for the team so I would like to agree with you. I believe HCTB will experience some growing pains with his squad. I think a lot will depend on how the team reacts to the coaching staff game management. For years we heard GS say that only the best would play but time and again it seemed if your were one of "the favorites" you played no matter who was pushing you. If a certain player wasn't hitting he continued to play to get out of his slump. Well this isn't the Major Leagues that has 162 games to get the swing back so it will be interesting to see if players will be allowed extended at bats when they are cold. Sorry that was one of my pet peeves. Hey have I ever mentioned that I really don't like the flat billed look?:)

Comment

40 wins regional final

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            40 wins regional final
            Are you drinking again? Seriously I would love to believe that.

Comment

There a lot of wildcards going into this season and I have no feel for how the season might play out. There are a fair number of guys who have been in the program a long time. There are eight seniors by my count and LaBrie, Harbutz, Green, and Bayliff are RS Seniors so they have been around a long time. We have seen teams at other Valley programs be very successful with a bunch of upper-classmen so maybe that is a plus. These guys have endured more upheaval in the program than anyone ever imagined possible and I expect the players to have a bad attitude about the last couple of seasons and come out prepared to revitalize Shocker Baseball. If ever a team needed to adopt the "Play Angry" motto, it would be the 2014 Baseball Shox.

I really hope that is the case. I think the fans will support the guys and the new coaches and it could be a fun season.

Regional final? Not sure about that, but I expect much better things than we have seen in recent seasons.

I love Shox baseball and I want it back.

--'85.
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                40 wins regional final
                I'm on board. New POSITIVE thinking hands on coach will make a BIG difference. New
                bats put emphasis on small ball and speed and new coach will know MUCH better than old
                on how to play to that strength. Look for more bunting and focus on hitters putting
                ball in play. Good defense and pitching. It will be a good year with a good schedule.

Comment

We have a number of hungry seniors. I'm betting on a very good year.

Comment

Looks like there were three of us us that were predicting marked improvement prior
                    to the start of the season. Looking at game three comments we have some climbing
                    on board.

Comment

Working...
                    X