Early Part of the Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Part of the Schedule

The first month of the season should give the Shockers a good test this year. We will be playing two three-game series against very quality competition, plus there will be two mid-week games that could be difficult. I looked at each team's schedule and have listed the good competition that each WSU opponent will have played before they hook up with WSU.

Fordham- The WSU series is the season opener for both teams.

Long Beach State- Before hosting WSU for a three-game series Long Beach will have played a three-game series at home against Rice and a single home game against San Diego.

LeMoyne- Will be coming off a three-game series at Oral Roberts before playing WSU in a single game.

Harvard- The WSU series will be the season opener for Harvard

Washington State- Will have already played three games at home against Creighton, two games on the road against UNLV and one road game against Kansas State before playing WSU in a single game.

TCU- TCU opens the season hosting Cal-State Fullerton in a three-game series. They will have also played Tulane in a neutral site game and Mississippi in a three-game series at home before playing WSU in a three-game series.

These first 14 games are going to be difficult. I think that we can consider an 11-3 start a success. Anything above that would be gravy. I can't wait, only two more weeks!!!!

Wow, this is the first time I've taken a close look at the opening schedule. If we can go 11-3 through the first 14, I'd be really happy. In all likeliness, that would mean that we would've won both the TCU and LBSU series' as we'll probably drop another game against someone unexpected trying to get into the swing of things.

Comment

14-0 bank on it!
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I believe only once have we ever swept LBSU on their home field. I'd be thrilled to come out 2-1 from that trip.

Comment

I don't know 11 homes game by Mid-March. Hopefully, Mother Nature will cooperate and we will get most of these games in, but the way this year has been going.........

Comment

I've got my ticket and I'm ready for baseball.
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

2007 Rankings of WSU early Opponents)

139 - Fordham (must go 3-0)
              9 - LBS (this will give a early indication of how good WSU is win or lose)
              101 - LeMoyne (must win)
              205 - Harvard (another must go 3-0)
              74 - Washington St
              31 - Texas Christian (need to win 2 out 3)

Great Start - 12 to 14 wins
              Good Start - 9 to 11 wins
              So-So Start - 8 Wins
              Getting Concerned - Less 8 wins

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                2007 Rankings of WSU early Opponents)

139 - Fordham (must go 3-0)
                9 - LBS (this will give a early indication of how good WSU is win or lose)
                101 - LeMoyne (must win)
                205 - Harvard (another must go 3-0)
                74 - Washington St
                31 - Texas Christian (need to win 2 out 3)

Great Start - 12 to 14 wins
                Good Start - 9 to 11 wins
                So-So Start - 8 Wins
                Getting Concerned - Less 8 wins
                This team should definitely go 7-0 against the likes of Harvard, LeMoyne and Fordham, if we lose even one, I'll blow a gasket. The real WSU should win in the battle of WSU's and win 2 of 3 against TCU. I'm predicting 11-3 start - we will lose 2 of 3 at Long Beach only because they have the edge against us since 2001 with an 11-8 overall record.

Comment

Everyone was right with their early predictions except for Newshock. He was a little too positive.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                    Everyone was right with their early predictions except for Newshock. He was a little too positive.
                    Glad you resurrected this thread, I was just thinking about it today. To bad WSU couldn't have won 1 game at LBS.

Comment

I think the Shocks are coming around. The relief pitching problem is being resolved. I'm feeling good about this year; Omaha is still possible.
                      :goshocks: :yahoo:
                      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                      X